Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyone moved to the other side of Flatbush Ave (J-L)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:10 am
Looking for something a little cheaper in Flatbush and see that houses even a drop over Flatbush Ave are cheaper....wondering if anyone starting moving there or does the frum neighborhood end by Flatbush Ave?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 6:00 pm
Bump

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 6:11 pm
I haven’t heard of anyone doing it and don’t think it’s a good idea. I think you’ll find a lot of cultural difference that make you uncomfortable. I live in the 30s and find that. I would expect higher crime, constant smells of marijuana, loud music playing,etc. Maybe deep into Marina Park is better.

bsy

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 6:47 pm
Lots of people went to mill basin

nicole81

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 6:55 pm
I live in mill basin and drive through that area daily. I very occasionally see a frum person walking to their car in the morning. Like in 5 years, I've seen it two or 3 times. I know one person who bought there as a single.

Rather than right over Flatbush Ave, you're better off looking in the upper 50s, right below Ralph Ave by aves k-m. It's mostly not Jewish, but there are some families who have moved in there over the past few years.

Higher up in marine park is also cheaper, as is mill basin.

happy12

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:45 pm
I saw a frum school bus drop of children on ave J either on the corner of east 42 or east 52. I know one chaim Berlin family on ave N and east 59 street

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:51 pm
its black, I would not
I know someone working in Downstate Medical which is not far
He said much crime there that brings residnets to ER.

Take a walk around, and get a feel if you would feel safe walking around.

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 9:54 pm
It’s a shame. Many houses there are solid brick good bones nothing like the new construction cardboard homes. Cheap too and close enough.

nicole81

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 7:36 am
happy12 wrote:
I saw a frum school bus drop of children on ave J either on the corner of east 42 or east 52. I know one chaim Berlin family on ave N and east 59 street

Big difference between the 40s and 50s
Btw most the flatbush school have schools have busses that come up through the 60s and even 70s.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries