Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing
How to repair rip in coat

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 7:40 pm
I got brand new Cozy Coup coats. My son just got rip where the filling is coming out.
I have a sewing machine, or sew by hand, but it prob wont work on this thin plastic-y material. I tried a strong glue, but it messed it up. I prob need a pc. to cover it. Any suggestions?

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 8:12 am
Iron-on patch might work but requires a hot iron which may melt the fabric of the coat. Depending on where the damage is, you may be able to glue on or sew on an applique patch. If you don't have a crafts store near you and have to buy online, you may be forced to order a packet of patches rather than just one.

Or get duct tape in a matching or contrasting color and apply it as a stripe across the entire front or back of the coat, and/or around both sleeves if that's where the tear is, so that it looks as if the coat was designed that way. If you use silver and/or fluorescent yellow, orange or green, it will resemble the high-visibility strips on clothing worn by construction workers and police directing traffic.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 8:54 am
https://youtu.be/oCKSt8NP-O0

Similar idea done from the inside - a little harder to place
https://youtu.be/iODUKs6dULo
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing