Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Why Cant I find anything online about Bobov reunion?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 1:16 pm
There is being an asifa about some kind of technology thing.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Dec 18 2021, 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 12:56 am
It was most definitely a secret. We're bobov and we are close to many of the important people in bobov. The most anyone knew was its about "kuvod shemayim " which, btw, was really deceptive.

I guess the askunim knew that people wouldn't make an effort to attend if they knew the agenda beforehand.

Most people thought it would be specifically about technology.

Zeleze

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 6:47 am
Is was a fundraising appeal for each member of the Kehila to give $10.000

No Sholom unfortunately

If the Rabbi's can't make peach, what should we say

So sad really

sequoia

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 7:49 am
Zeleze wrote:
Is was a fundraising appeal for each member of the Kehila to give $10.000

No Sholom unfortunately

If the Rabbi's can't make peach, what should we say

So sad really

Ten thousand dollars?

So... a Mafia shakedown?

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:04 am
sequoia wrote:
Ten thousand dollars?

So... a Mafia shakedown?

Yes. They claim they need $130 million to build a new building for kavod shamayim like that students can have better learning facilities. They already have about 50 mil of that so the grand rabbi said that if each chossid gives $10k they’ll have that money in no time.

I’m amazed when I watch intelligent, educated people become sheep because a rebbe said something. They’ll defend to the nth degree with no logic at all.

I’m not bobov or chassidish. A family member of mine is and was very into this asifa and I can’t fathom why they are ok with this deception.

Who the heck needs that kinda money for a building. They have a lot in Brooklyn to build, they are limited to how big they can go, and I can’t imagine they’ll be building a skyscraper smack bang in boro park. So how is any of this justified?!

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:18 am
It's not justified because they claim they can raise the money from some big donations but feel that everyone should give 10,000 so they'll contribute to their children's education and will feel part of things....in other words, they're doing us a favor by forcing us to contribute.

As far as I'm concerned, build smaller and less luxurious and don't put a burden on hardworking families to cover extravagant budgets. Why does every floor have to have their own lunchroom etc? They're going to have a pretty difficult time getting that money.

Having said that, there was a similar asifa for bobov 45 yesterday asking their members for 18000 each towards their new beis hamedrish. Visnitz did similar recently. When Belz built their shul in Israel, everyone here in ny had to contribute. So this seems to have become the new normal.

Still ridiculous....

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:56 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
It was most definitely a secret. We're bobov and we are close to many of the important people in bobov. The most anyone knew was its about "kuvod shemayim " which, btw, was really deceptive.

I guess the askunim knew that people wouldn't make an effort to attend if they knew the agenda beforehand.

Most people thought it would be specifically about technology.

My husband assumed it was about $$

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:00 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
Yes. They claim they need $130 million to build a new building for kavod shamayim like that students can have better learning facilities. They already have about 50 mil of that so the grand rabbi said that if each chossid gives $10k they’ll have that money in no time.

I’m amazed when I watch intelligent, educated people become sheep because a rebbe said something. They’ll defend to the nth degree with no logic at all.

I’m not bobov or chassidish. A family member of mine is and was very into this asifa and I can’t fathom why they are ok with this deception.

Who the heck needs that kinda money for a building. They have a lot in Brooklyn to build, they are limited to how big they can go, and I can’t imagine they’ll be building a skyscraper smack bang in boro park. So how is any of this justified?!

I don't see anything wrong with a mosad asking their own people to contribute a certain amount. It's for our kids. If you want to have and enjoy nice facilities, you need to contribute. My girls just moved into a brand new stunning school building. They asked for a minimum of $8,000 building fee from parents. They let split it into payments spanning afew years. I'm so glad to give to my kids school and I don't think it's wrong to ask.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:22 am
What’s even sadder imho, is how those that posted negative about rabbis, aren’t afraid of posting loshon hara. Loshon hara is a terrible sin. Loshon hora on gedolim is a much graver sin. I don’t see a point in this. If only this thread could be locked.....

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:23 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with a mosad asking their own people to contribute a certain amount. It's for our kids. If you want to have and enjoy nice facilities, you need to contribute. My girls just moved into a brand new stunning school building. They asked for a minimum of $8,000 building fee from parents. They let split it into payments spanning afew years. I'm so glad to give to my kids school and I don't think it's wrong to ask.

There are nice facilities and then there are unjustified costs.
Lakewood has some of the nicest school buildings in the whole Jewish population and they cost nowhere near that outrageous amount they are demanding from each chassid.
Yes, if you are a school of 500 students and they want to build a building it’s reasonable to ask for parents to contribute.

If you are a chassidus with tens of thousands of chassidim it’s pure extortion to request that amount from each person. You can say you want to build a building and everyone should please contribute what they are able, fine. But instead you have families that struggle to buy their children clothing rationalizing how they will go about fulfilling this insane request. They are so grateful for the payment plans that are being offered.
Hello? These people don’t have an extra $200 a month for their own families. Take your ostentatious ideas somewhere else. Don’t put it on your kehilla.

The best part is that they were told that no one is profiting from this. My foot!

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:31 am
There are nice facilities and then there are unjustified costs.
Lakewood has some of the nicest school buildings in the whole Jewish population and they cost nowhere near that outrageous amount they are demanding from each chassid.
Yes, if you are a school of 500 students and they want to build a building it’s reasonable to ask for parents to contribute.

If you are a chassidus with tens of thousands of chassidim it’s pure extortion to request that amount from each person. You can say you want to build a building and everyone should please contribute what they are able, fine. But instead you have families that struggle to buy their children clothing rationalizing how they will go about fulfilling this insane request. They are so grateful for the payment plans that are being offered.
Hello? These people don’t have an extra $200 a month for their own families. Take your ostentatious ideas somewhere else. Don’t put it on your kehilla.

The best part is that they were told that no one is profiting from this. My foot!

In my community, the non chassidish schools ask way bigger of a building fee then chassidish schools. For them $8K $10K is cheap.
I'm sure you can work out a payment plan with them. Most mosdos are fine with splitting the amount into payment spanning afew years.
I'm also bothered when I see people buying the latest of everything, expensive clothes, shoes, strollers..... but when the school or mosdos asks for money, they get all mad. Giving to the school and mosdos should be a priority as well.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:35 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
In my community, the non chassidish schools ask way bigger of a building fee then chassidish schools. For them $8K $10K is cheap.
I'm sure you can work out a payment plan with them. Most mosdos are fine with splitting the amount into payment spanning afew years.

Again, there’s a large difference in the population amount.
1000/10=100
1000/100= 10
The cost of a building can be covered by contributions. But with a population the size of bobov there’s no way they need 10k from each family.
Especially like a previous poster said that they can technically get it from donations but they’re giving everyone a chance to be a part.

Rabbi says jump
Crowd says how high
Not why

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:39 am
1000/10=100
1000/100= 10
The cost of a building can be covered by contributions. But with a population the size of bobov there’s no way they need 10k from each family.
Especially like a previous poster said that they can technically get it from donations but they’re giving everyone a chance to be a part.

Rabbi says jump
Crowd says how high
Not why

The bigger the chassidus, the more buildings they need, the more money they need. Bobov school alone is the size of probably 4 smaller schools. Because they're such a huge mosdos, they need way more buildings and way more money than the average mosdos.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:47 am
It seems to me that when people point to low tuition in chassidishe schools, they forget to mention these forced donations.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:10 am
[quote="amother [ Silver ]"I'm also bothered when I see people buying the latest of everything, expensive clothes, shoes, strollers..... but when the school or mosdos asks for money, they get all mad. Giving to the school and mosdos should be a priority as well.[/quote]

I pay high tuition as is. I don't want to pay a fortune for building fund as well.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:13 am
1000/10=100
1000/100= 10

Rabbi says jump
Crowd says how high
Not why

You are the perfect example of a misnagid.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:22 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
You are the perfect example of a misnagid.

I’m very much a misnagid. It’s in my blood for generations. But I would be just as riled up if BMG or chofetz Chaim did the same. It’s deceitful and exploitation.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:25 am
I’m very much a misnagid. It’s in my blood for generations. But I would be just as riled up if BMG or chofetz Chaim did the same. It’s deceitful and exploitation.

Cool that you can admit it. Still uncool and totally LH for you to post such comments about Holy Rabbis.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:29 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Cool that you can admit it. Still uncool and totally LH for you to post such comments about Holy Rabbis.

I’m not ashamed to be a misnagid. There are many different paths in Judaism and I’m comfortable and confident in my path. Some of best friends are chassidish and I love them.

I made no disparaging remarks about the rabbi himself. I’m sure he’s a wonderful person. This whole asifa and extortion is just wrong.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:38 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I pay high tuition as is. I don't want to pay a fortune for building fund as well.

If you send to school, you pay building fund. Regardless of tuition. It's 2 separate things. If I tell you the amount of building fee non chassidish schools pay, you'll faint. And their tuition is generally higher than chassidish schools.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries