Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Why Cant I find anything online about Bobov reunion?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:40 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
I’m very much a misnagid. It’s in my blood for generations. But I would be just as riled up if BMG or chofetz Chaim did the same. It’s deceitful and exploitation.

Non chassidish schools generally charge way more tuition and way more building fund than chassidish schools. This has nothing to do with this specific Rebba or chassidus. It's a normal thing for a school to charge building fee. BMG is not a Mosad, they don't have schools and cheders, it's not the same as a Mosdos that has schools and cheders to demand building fee. It's not to compare.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 12:05 pm
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
I’m very much a misnagid. It’s in my blood for generations. But I would be just as riled up if BMG or chofetz Chaim did the same. It’s deceitful and exploitation.

Hello fellow misnaged (mitnagedet?) imamother!
If you paid as much tuition as chassidish parents do instead of paying tuition at your favorite misnaged institution you'd have more than enough money saved to comfortably donate the amount these chassidish rabbis are asking for.
There are a lot of differences in our communities which is why I stay out of chassidish community controversies. At least look into the numbers and inform yourself before you get riled up. Most chassidish families are putting a lot of kids through school and the amount of tuition they pay would be a joke at our kids' schools.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 12:16 pm
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
Hello fellow misnaged (mitnagedet?) imamother!
If you paid as much tuition as chassidish parents do instead of paying tuition at your favorite misnaged institution you'd have more than enough money saved to comfortably donate the amount these chassidish rabbis are asking for.
There are a lot of differences in our communities which is why I stay out of chassidish community controversies. At least look into the numbers and inform yourself before you get riled up. Most chassidish families are putting a lot of kids through school and the amount of tuition they pay would be a joke at our kids' schools.

Exactly. The money evens out somewhere and I'd even say that with tuition and building fee's combined, chassidish end up paying less then non chassidim.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 12:29 pm
They are building both a new school and cheder.

Bobov is huge kehillah. At least 130 children per grade, about 6-7 classes. (Each, boys and girls)
Architectural and engineering plans cost, DOB filing fees, expediters, contracting and subs etc.
Materials are a fortune now.

I understood 10k is to fund-raise, not each family out of pocket.

Not Bobov btw.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 12:32 pm
Lets end this right here.

I have no connection to Bobov by far but this conversation will not bring more of much needed love here or in Klal Yisroel

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 12:34 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
They are building both a new school and cheder.

Bobov is huge kehillah. At least 130 children per grade, about 6-7 classes. (Each, boys and girls)
Architectural and engineering plans cost, DOB filing fees, expediters, contracting and subs etc.
Materials are a fortune now.

I understood 10k is to fund-raise, not each family out of pocket.

Not Bobov btw.

10K is not a lot to ask of people that belong to Bobov and use and enjoy their facilities.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 1:25 pm
So curious how it works though. Everyone had to give the same number regardless of family size and stage in life? My husband is in Yeshiva (litvish) and so far we only one of our kids is in elementary school (UPK) so we haven't had to pay much tuition yet. But if I was asked to contribute 10k I don't know what I'd do! I have a few grand in savings but iyH were going to use it towards a house. Are there no young families in our position in Bobov? Everyone just has 10k? I understand tuition is less but it's really that much less?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 1:46 pm
Wondering if anyone on this thread is Bobov? And needs to deal with this? If not then really it's just coming over as bashing and no need for it. Chaval that this came up on here and not in a private forum.
It's to be paid over years not all at once and anyone who really truly cant wont obv. It's a community project for this community. Being part of a group such as a chassidis has many benefits and there is an achrayis to give back to help when needed. Perhaps this is hard for those not in a chassidus to understand (not meaning offence here). Maybe can compare it to building a new community? Where everyone has to pitch in to make it happen?
Bobov 45 and a couple other chassidises also made such a request recently. Buildings don't last, keillas grow bh, things cost money. and even more now with the crazy rise in prices for everything, especially building materials and labor.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 1:52 pm
Posting as somebody Bobov, dh & I are not planning on paying it, my parents aren't either.
The chassidus has more than enough $$$, it doesn't make an ounce of sense that I should my hard earned money for a building that is not necessary (the boys building is not necessary at all) They started building it years ago when they were running out of room but recently with people moving out they're managing perfectly fine.
The girls building they need but they have more than enough cash for it
Maybe if they include me on the deed of the building...
Many people are very upset about this, I can't pay my bills and then I need to give this?!?

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 1:55 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Posting as somebody Bobov, dh & I are not planning on paying it, my parents aren't either.
The chassidus has more than enough $$$, it doesn't make an ounce of sense that I should my hard earned money for a building that is not necessary (the boys building is not necessary at all) They started building it years ago when they were running out of room but recently with people moving out they're managing perfectly fine.
Many people are very upset about this, I can't pay my bills and then I need to give this?!?

How do you know that they have more than enough money?? If you belong to a chassidus and send to a certain school, you pay building fee! This is not a Bobov thing. This is in every school. Sending to a certain school comes with paying building fee.

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 1:56 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:

I also wonder if the buildings are actually needed now that ppl are starting to move out…

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 1:57 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
How do you know that they have more than enough money?? If you belong to a chassidus and send to a certain school, you pay building fee! This is not a Bobov thing. This is in every school. Sending to a certain school comes with paying building fee.

So pretty sure we paid 3000 building fee for the girls

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 1:57 pm
amother [ Nemesia ] wrote:
So curious how it works though. Everyone had to give the same number regardless of family size and stage in life? My husband is in Yeshiva (litvish) and so far we only one of our kids is in elementary school (UPK) so we haven't had to pay much tuition yet. But if I was asked to contribute 10k I don't know what I'd do! I have a few grand in savings but iyH were going to use it towards a house. Are there no young families in our position in Bobov? Everyone just has 10k? I understand tuition is less but it's really that much less?

Most schools I know of, allow you to make a payment plan that suits your needs best. Many schools would rather get the money staggered in the span of afew years than one large amount at once.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 1:58 pm
amother [ Mimosa ] wrote:
So pretty sure we paid 3000 building fee for the girls

So because you gave $3000 you're sure the mosdos has tons of money? $3000 is a joke for a new building. It costs millions.

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 2:04 pm
So because you gave $3000 you're sure the mosdos has tons of money? $3000 is a joke for a new building. It costs millions.

I don’t care if the have. Just like they don’t care if I can swing it.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 2:06 pm
I don’t care if the have. Just like they don’t care if I can swing it.

Sorry, it doesn't work like this. Sending to school comes with paying fee's. You're getting away very cheap according to non chassidish schools. You can call them to work out a payment plan.

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 2:08 pm
Sorry, it doesn't work like this. Sending to school comes with paying fee's. You're getting away very cheap according to non chassidish schools. You can call them to work out a payment plan.

Non chassidish school cost more and often (not always) the teachers get paid more.
In addition I pay what is requested but that doesn’t make this right. Not to mention the delivery of the request has people up in arms as well.

Not going to continue engaging but from the way you’re talking you probably shouldn’t be on the net.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 2:14 pm
Non chassidish school cost more and often (not always) the teachers get paid more.
In addition I pay what is requested but that doesn’t make this right. Not to mention the delivery of the request has people up in arms as well.

Not going to continue engaging but from the way you’re talking you probably shouldn’t be on the net.

What is the bolded supposed to mean??? Scratching Head
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries