Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
RaizysCookin new book

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 13 2021, 10:49 pm
I have a 7 year old that loves the kitchen. On motzai shabbos when the boys go to Avos ubanim I bake with her and my 5 year old daughter. Today they were going through cookbooks to find what to make. They really had no interest in the “regular” stuff like
Chocolate chip cookies or brownies but they also didn’t want “something that looks pretty and fancy but really tastes gross”

Is there a nice variety of simple yet new ideas for young kids to try? What was your impression of the book in general? Debating to buy it or not. It’s not cheap…..

Doublestroller

Post Sat, Nov 13 2021, 11:01 pm
We have it and love it. She has parsha treats for many parshas. I started making it with the children and they love it. I didn’t try yet the other stuff though. But we’re all enjoying it. From the literature, pictures and recipes. She teaches how to set the table nicely too.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 6:43 am
I have it. Is beautiful. My 8 year old daughter was very excited about it. I let her choose one thing from desserts and the parsha treats we did this past shabbos. She also enjoyed the napkin settings - some were complicated, but there were a few that she was able to do. She enjoyed it very much.

That being said - I was looking through the cookbook last night - a lot of the recipes are complicated - also all week I was shopping for ingredients for the stuff. I see a lot of the recipes you need to buy different things that you won’t necessarily use again. Or you use very little of it. Wish the recipes wouldn’t be so complicated and the ingredients would be more ‘staple’ ingredients.

Also - I don’t know if anyone did the ladders this past week but the breadsticks were too top heavy and kept falling - that was a bit frustrating that after the work we put into it and made everything that was needed the idea didn’t work well for us.

As a mother this is my feeling - but my daughter was very excited Smile

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 3:15 pm
Bump. Anyone else have it? What’s your opinion.

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 3:16 pm
bump

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 5:41 pm
cnc wrote:
bump

Bump what?

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 5:44 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Bump what?

I would like to hear if anyone else has feedback since it’s on sale and Im considering purchasing it .

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 5:49 pm
We have it for over a year and we love it! I also love the excitement it puts in to the kids about shabbos. I have only boys snd we reach for this cookbook often. There were quite a few recipes my kids were able to make all on their own.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 5:51 pm
I have many cookbooks & this one is probably the most used! Love it!

cnc

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 8:43 am
Thanks. To clarify, this is the kids' one?

kenz

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 8:49 am
cnc wrote:
I would like to hear if anyone else has feedback since it’s on sale and Im considering purchasing it .

Is the kids one on sale too? Where?

cnc

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 9:05 am
kenz wrote:
Is the kids one on sale too? Where?

https://www.raizyfried.com/pro.....heart

kenz

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 9:13 am
Thank you!

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 9:42 am
Just ordered, thanks for posting about the sale!

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 10:10 am
cnc wrote:
Thanks. To clarify, this is the kids' one?

Yes, only the kids one is on sale.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 10:13 am
that's a super price. I wish the first book would be on sale.

I'm tempted to buy it but I won't want to buy a million random ingredients to use once, as someone mentioned. anyone disagree that it needs lots of special stuff?

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 10:15 am
amother Amaranthus wrote:

I'm tempted to buy it but I won't want to buy a million random ingredients to use once, as someone mentioned. anyone disagree that it needs lots of special stuff?

No, most recipes are from typical ingredients that we usually have at home. Some specialties have different types ingredients, but most are basic.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 10:16 am
amother Amaranthus wrote:

If you're in Brooklyn (or know someone who can buy for you), I believe Eichlers of BP has the first one for $20.

ETA: Actually, you can purchase it online! Free shipping with $59. The Aishes Chayil cookbook is also on sale for $20

https://www.shopeichlers.com/p.....50495
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics