Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Where do you put men’s hats that are used daily?
1  2  Next

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:09 am
I’m trying to figure out a solution of where my DH and sons should store their hats when they walk in the door.
For now they always dump it on the dining room table and I HATE it. I don’t have a coat closet with enough shelf space for hats. What do people use instead? DH is worried that any hooks etc. will not hold hats with such a wide brim .
I was thinking of getting something like this but DH thinks it won’t work.

https://www.amazon.com/OROPY-E.....CC62X

What do you find that works?

benny

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:11 am
We put hooks on the wall of the coat closet and they hang them there. I can’t either handle hats on tables.

Della

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:16 am
We hung cabinet knobs on the wall and the hats stay on perfectly. They are brown wood knobs that match the wood trim in the room (home office) so it looks nice.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:17 am
benny wrote:
We put hooks on the wall of the coat closet and they hang them there. I can’t either handle hats on tables.

I have a tiny coat closet that barely fits coats. There isn’t any space for hats .

Any other solutions?

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:18 am
Hooks hung high on the wall work well.

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:22 am
Can you get a hat rack? That is what we have.

sub

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:34 am

If you have a hallway before you enter your apt. I bought simething like this from ikea

tp3

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:46 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I’m trying to figure out a solution of where my DH and sons should store their hats when they walk in the door.
For now they always dump it on the dining room table and I HATE it. I don’t have a coat closet with enough shelf space for hats. What do people use instead? DH is worried that any hooks etc. will not hold hats with such a wide brim .
I was thinking of getting something like this but DH thinks it won’t work.

https://www.amazon.com/OROPY-E.....CC62X

What do you find that works?

The hooks on these things aren't long enough.
Mine (are supposed to) keep theirs at the very top of our bookshelves.

momX4

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:50 am
I have a problem with hats and jackets. My boys will not spend the extra 3 seconds to use a hanger. I purchased this and it works for us

Tangkula 75.5" Standing Coat Rack, Wood Coat Tree with 12 Hooks, Home Hat Jacket Hanger Tree 12 with Umbrella Holder Coat Stand (Brown) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0.....2B49J

yidishmamma

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:54 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I have a tiny coat closet that barely fits coats. There isn’t any space for hats .

Any other solutions?

We hung hook in their bedroom wall . Dh puts his on top of the shtreimal box in the coat closet

Hashemlovesme1

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 8:09 am
I actually just bought these, and they work well for wide-brimmed hats. I lined up a few high up on the wall over my coat hooks.
I like that they bend, so you can use them for different size hats.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw.....title

sub

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 1:34 pm

zigi

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 1:36 pm
On top of book shelves or the shelves where they also keep their teffilin

animeme

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 3:20 pm
What Sub showed. My dh, and many men, don't like to put these hats on hooks. He tells me it's not good for the material. Maybe the doorknob thing would be ok. But he wants them flat. So yes, top of the bookshelf or a shelf, or else they will end up on the table.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 3:25 pm
sub wrote:

We actually have something like this. It’s not big enough for all the hats , so I moved it to our garage. I have 4 guys wearing hats and soon there will be a 5th ka”h.

suremom

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 3:32 pm
sub wrote:

This picture is so interesting. It seems like there is a molding on the wall under the jacket to the left. But the wall continues straight on top...

yidishmamma

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 4:28 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
We actually have something like this. It’s not big enough for all the hats , so I moved it to our garage. I have 4 guys wearing hats and soon there will be a 5th ka”h.

Send them to dorm so you won't have this "problem ". I also hate the hats on the table but bh mine got used to putting it on the hook in their room . And the rekel gets hung up right away in the closet . They are both dorming now that's why I started with that

mybusyima

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 4:35 pm
suremom wrote:
This picture is so interesting. It seems like there is a molding on the wall under the jacket to the left. But the wall continues straight on top...

OmG, how did you notice this!?! It's driving me crazy now!

Rachel Shira

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 4:37 pm
On top of the bookshelves. We have nothing else stored on there and it looks neat enough.

Shuly

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 4:53 am
We put up a shelf by the front door. It's similar to the picture but without hooks underneath because there was no room for hooks.
The front door swings open underneath the shelf.
It's pretty high though - I can't reach it, but the men are fine with it and they literally dump their hats on it as soon as they walk in.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics