Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo and doona, or either or?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 6:06 pm
I know there are a couple of similar threads on here already, but still can't quite figure it out....

I just purchased a bugaboo donkey for a great price. I'm expecting my first child B"H. I'm wondering what to do about the infant car seat. I have large SUV and I always use it when going to do errands/groceries.

Should I get the doona and not use the bugaboo unless it's for walks around the neighborhood? Or should I get one of the infant car seats compatible with the bugaboo and ditch the doona altogether?

I'm also thinking about convenience when doing groceries. I don't want to have to push the doona and push a cart at the same time. I'm kind of thinking using the bugaboo as my stroller and cart would be smartest. Any thoughts? Give me all the pros and cons if you have experience with either of these Smile

Thanks!

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 6:42 pm
We’re not into name brands, so I can tell you what worked for us and extrapolate as needed: we have a basic (graco) infant seat and a lightweight snap n go we use for car errands. For grocery shopping though I just put the carsest into the shopping cart (big part, not on top).
Real stroller for walks and errands on foot- but I hate loading it in and out of the car, so we use snap n go for infants and switch to an umbrella stroller as soon as they’re old enough

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 6:46 pm
ill tell u what worked for us
my baby is 9 months and still using the doona
its literally a game changer and I cant imagine not having it
I was back at work @6 weeks and I use to bring the doona to my MIL to babysit, it was just so easy to schlep the baby out of the car, click it back in, use it to wheel her into the house

I use my bugaboo for shabbos and any long walks I go on
looking for a lightweight stroller soon. my baby is 21 lbs so she still fits into doona. im pushing getting one off bc theres nothing like it thats as easy (imho)

Eta: if I go shopping I walk to the store with my bugaboo. if I go straight from work I just bring the doona in and carry a hand held basket. its annoying. thats a big downside (no basket). thats why I usually go shopping at night once my husband is home

jellybelly94

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 6:50 pm
I have doona for carseat and a uppababy for main stroller. I use my main stroller for walks and big outdoor outings vacation yom tov etc. But my Donna is my savior Smile my baby is 1 already but I jst don't wanna give up the doona jst yet. N yes very annoying to do full shopping w a doona. But once ur child sits u can take take out and have em sit in the cart
So it's only a matter of a few months....I used to take a basket instead and leave big shopping for days wen I cud do it myself Smile

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 7:26 pm
I have both (bought with different babies though.)
Bugaboo donkey is hard for in and out of cars, Doona is a dream.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics