Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Tuna salad with frozen tuna steaks???

shalhevet

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 1:16 pm
We don't use canned tuna for Pesach, and I really thought a tuna salad would be great Shabbos morning for the (first) crack-of-dawn meal. Does anyone know if you can just cook tuna steaks (and if so, how?) and then make a regular salad with it (mayonaise, eggs etc).

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 1:44 pm
I bought tuna in the can for shabbos. erev pesach we eat food that we wouldn't have for pesach.

but you wnat to cook tuna steaks and flake them lik tuna fish? I don't se why not.

EgyptianPrincess

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 2:52 pm
The first time I made tuna steaks I was disappointed how closely their taste resembles their friends in the can! In my opinion there is no difference. I believe you bake it for 10 min. per inch.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 3:03 pm
Thanks, both of you, for the help.

CM, I know it won't be sof zman achilas chometz yet, but BTDT a few years ago: it means I can't use any Pesach keilim, only disposables, and I have to throw out what's left, and maybe I'll use it for another seuda as a first course too, on Shabbos or YT.

When Pesach was last on motzai Shabbos I bought mayo KLP, but we don't use it on Pesach, to eat for Friday night/ Shabbos morning. Then I put it at the back of the fridge. After Pesach no one wanted to eat it and complained it had a 'funny' taste.

The only thing I think we'll have for the first 2 Shabbos seudas is KLP Coke and Spring drinks, even though we don't drink them on Pesach. (The cups will be disposable anyway.)

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 3:30 pm
shalhevet wrote:
Thanks, both of you, for the help.

CM, I know it won't be sof zman achilas chometz yet, but BTDT a few years ago: it means I can't use any Pesach keilim, only disposables, and I have to throw out what's left, and maybe I'll use it for another seuda as a first course too, on Shabbos or YT.

When Pesach was last on motzai Shabbos I bought mayo KLP, but we don't use it on Pesach, to eat for Friday night/ Shabbos morning. Then I put it at the back of the fridge. After Pesach no one wanted to eat it and complained it had a 'funny' taste.

The only thing I think we'll have for the first 2 Shabbos seudas is KLP Coke and Spring drinks, even though we don't drink them on Pesach. (The cups will be disposable anyway.)

yeah, I also buy a few things for before yomtov, that we don't use "during" and I guess whatever we don't use is wasted. it's a shame.

shalhevet

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 10:45 am
The other tuna thread reminded to thank choccy and Egyptian Princess for their advice - the tuna salad was better than the usual - the tuna steaks were delicious (yes I baked them).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics