Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
UPK in flatbush - boys

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 1:07 pm
Hi,

Does anyone know of a boys school that's either free or cheap for nursery? I'm sending my 4 year old son to YTY (chofetz chaim) but they don't offer UPK. Looking for a different option for my almost 3 year old for next year - money's tight, and while I love the school, having one tuition less per month would really help right now

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 1:09 pm
Yeshiva of Brooklyn for boys has a free UPK program

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 1:12 pm
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
Yeshiva of Brooklyn for boys has a free UPK program

Thanks so much. Do you know what the school is like?

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 1:21 pm
Ohr Shraga
Kaminetz
Ahavas Torah
Derech Hatorah

I think they all have free program for 3 year olds

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 1:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much. Do you know what the school is like?

It’s nice. There are 2 morahs in nursery (3yo) and prek (4yo) and both years are free. They teach aleph bais and parsha and Jewish holidays and have kosher food (cholov Yisrael)

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 1:36 pm
I think Torah Temima also has

I heard that Torah V'daas is not charging for nursery (they usually charged for kindergarten).

My daughter is in Our Shraga (they have boys and girls for nursery) and we are very happy

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 3:16 pm
Thanks! I'm not from Flatbush originally so don't really know what these schools are like. Are any of them the same type as YTY? Not yeshivish, out of town type of family, definitely frum though (no TV or anything like that)

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 3:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! I'm not from Flatbush originally so don't really know what these schools are like. Are any of them the same type as YTY? Not yeshivish, out of town type of family, definitely frum though (no TV or anything like that)

The boys in Yeshiva of Brooklyn have langer payes

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 3:58 pm
Toras Emes kamenitz is going to offer a full-day UPK program for nursery and kindergarten next year. I think that they currently have free nursery and kindergarten anyway. They have a great program with a terrific new director, and it's a very similar parent body to Tiferes Yisroel

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 5:09 pm
This is really helpful, thanks so much!

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 9:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I sent my child to Ohr Shraga and can tell you about it. Great teachers. Amazing preschool. Kids are really given one on one attention. But to answer your question about the parent body... I personally wish I had done more research before sending there. There's a huge mix of families there. It seems like not just in the nursery but also in the elementary many parents have not just Tvs in their houses, but the kids are glued to them as well. We went to a few play dates where the "play room" had floor to ceiling tvs and every kid including 4 yr old and up had cell phones and gameboys, etc. I also discovered in our class at least that some of the moms didn't cover their hair and even wore pants. That said, after the free program we chose not to send back as haskafically it wasn't a fit for our family.

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 9:16 pm
Some of my neighbors send to Toras Emes Kaminetz and are very happy

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 9:28 pm
Ohr shraga people are talking about is actually Ohr Shragalech in marine park it’s a sep 2 yr old, 3k and upk. It’s not connected to the Yeshiva on Ave L in terms of parent body, there’s no interview to get in like there is for the main Yeshiva. Just wanted to clarify to the poster who said tv, pants etc
I send my daughter to Ohr Shragalech and it’s a fantastic program but she’s not continuing there after so I’m not concerned about the parent body.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 10:14 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Ohr shraga people are talking about is actually Ohr Shragalech in marine park it’s a sep 2 yr old, 3k and upk. It’s not connected to the Yeshiva on Ave L in terms of parent body, there’s no interview to get in like there is for the main Yeshiva. Just wanted to clarify to the poster who said tv, pants etc
I send my daughter to Ohr Shragalech and it’s a fantastic program but she’s not continuing there after so I’m not concerned about the parent body.

I am the one who posted that I sent and pulled out from there. I am referring to the one on L and Coney. I also happen to know someone who sends to the free nursery there this year (same location) and she told me she has had the same observations re parent body not just in nursery but also in the older grades. It seems in general to be attracting a parent body that is more and more diverse every year is all.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 12:16 am
Bais yaakov of boro park has a free nursery boys program that is AMAZING! English speaking and a fantastic program with very warm teachers.

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:46 am
My daughter is in nursery on coney & L. Both locations have 3K/ UPK.

Honestly OP, if you're only sending to a specific school for nursery (and maybe kindergarten) I personally don't think its that important for the crowd to be a perfect fit. At that age kids are not really influenced by their friends. I am definitely more yeshivish than the ohr shraga crowd, and I have no problem sending for nursery. My daughters class is a mix of all types- yeshivish families from the neighborhood, some ohr shraga families etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries