Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Child asking inappropriate question (s)
Previous  1  2

Oldest

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:41 am
No such thing as an inappropriate question!! Please answer her honestly. You don't have to give her the whole birds and bees- she's asking a simple question so give her a simple answer. These interactions are what will lay the foundation for her to trust you when she has bigger questions as she gets older.
Never ever tell your child that a question is inappropriate or that she'll find out when she's older. It's patronizing and condescending (and then you run the risk of her looking elsewhere for answers which may result in incorrect or misunderstood information)

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 10:13 am
I would probably answer something like- “oh yeah, sometimes… do you want to see what I bought for snack tomorrow?”
If the child persists and wants to know when, why she never saw… just say married people are sometimes more private…
I don’t think your child knows why you think it’s a very inappropriate question. This age is curious but innocent too.

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 10:20 am
OP are you nervous that she will be going around telling people that you do? Wondering if this is where your concern is stemming from..

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 10:21 am
Right may have been from the Parsha, many kids prob it went over their heads but sounds like she's a smart one. Dont know what you said but with these kinds of questions a simple answer is always best, and the more matter of fact it is the better "Sure we kiss" if she asks when she never sees you say "mommies and daddies kiss in private" if she says "why" say that's just how it goes with big people, would you like a snack?
If she asks something more eyebrow raising one day, try to stay very calm on the outside at least! and ask her "where did you hear/see that?" and find out the context and answer or address just what they're asking. Just bec u know more as an adult doesnt mean they do or that they even want to know now. USually it's they heard another kid saying something and giggling. BH she's asking you stuff, thats so important to make sure she's comfortable speaking to you even about hard stuff or "bad" stuff (not that it's really bad but kids make it to be)

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 10:24 am
If asked I would answer
Don’t want my kids looking elsewhere for answers

I’d say it’s a private thing between married people

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 1:03 pm
Just wait until she hears about this

1 Samuel 20:41
And as soon as the boy had gone, David rose from beside the stone heap and fell on his face to the ground and bowed three times. And they kissed one another and wept with one another, David weeping the most.

2 Samuel 1:26
I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; very pleasant have you been to me; your love to me was extraordinary, surpassing the love of women.

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 1:37 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

And as soon as the boy had gone, David rose from beside the stone heap and fell on his face to the ground and bowed three times. And they kissed one another and wept with one another, David weeping the most.

I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; very pleasant have you been to me; your love to me was extraordinary, surpassing the love of women.

They were Frenchies, kissed on the cheeks, what's the issue?

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 1:37 pm
essie14 wrote:
Yes! Exactly!

DD loves when she sees DH and I hugging or giving each other a kiss. It makes her feel secure.

Same here

observer

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 1:50 pm
Very normal question, not inappropriate.
Just tell her yes and reassure her that you both love each other. If she asks when, you can say privately.
Kids feel very secure knowing and seeing that their parents love each other.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 2:01 pm
Do most 6 year olds learn in parsha that Yakov kissed Rachel? We never learnt it and neither did my kids.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 2:16 pm
amother [ Oxfordblue ] wrote:
Do most 6 year olds learn in parsha that Yakov kissed Rachel? We never learnt it and neither did my kids.

No
Probably when they are learning that parsha they simply teich it and the image they will have if any, is a kiss on the forehead.
According to R’ Avigdor Miller this wasn’t a kiss of romance. It was a kiss coming from a place of sadness since yaakov was away from his family and very sad. Now he finally met someone who will be family. In those days since it was before matan Torah it was allowed. Now it’s obviously not something allowed.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 2:21 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

Ooo....and Rabbi Yochanan and Resh Lakish
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics