Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Girls BY sleep away camps - age of youngest bunk

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:47 am
For BY camps (Bnosainu, CBY, Raninu etc) what grade are the youngest bunk of sleepaway campers coming out of.

What age did you start sending your kids to camp and what camp did they go to?

In my day, the 90's and im from oot no one really went to camp before going out of 6th grade but it seems like girls are going earlier and earlier these days. and boys even earlier than girls. I live in NY now.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 11:53 am
In my experience, it’s the opposite. I (and other classmates) went to camp going into 3rd grade, and going into 5th grade was the year that many started going. Now girls go later with going into 6th the year that girls start going. Bnoseinu has going into 5th and 6th, not sure about the other camps you asked about.
*this is my experience in Flatbush. I think girls
from Lakewood start later on average.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 12:06 pm
Lakewood, with it's high percentage of working mothers, has an excellent range of daycamp programs to choose from. I think this is a big reason why Lakewood girls go to camp much later than in other communities.

I know CBY has bunks for younger kids, but most of the kids are staff kids. I think my niece went there going into 4th grade already.

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 12:14 pm
CBY no longer has younger bunks. DD went for first time this past year coming out of 6th.

We begged them to take her earlier because she was so ready and we needed a summer solution for various reasons but they said they don’t have those ages anymore. Just daycamper bunks for their own staff kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics