Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Gas Stove/Oven questions please help

noidea

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 6:03 pm
Need to buy new gas range can't decide which to get, please fellow Imas help me out Smile
I see most are electric ignition now , if there's an outage how would I light gas stove if needed, is it possible to light manual with pilot/flame or I'll be stuck without electric?
5 burner stoves what do people usually use the long center oval burner for?
Some ranges have drawer underneath oven is warmer or storage or broil best use?
Is sabbath mode really such a big help or not particularly? Doesn't kitchen get hot leaving oven on for days at a time ?

Living Princess

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 6:14 pm
Yes you can still light it if there's no electricity using a match or lighter. Mine you just have to press down on the knob then it will light and keep holding it down for a little longer then let go.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 6:16 pm
I see most are electric ignition now , if there's an outage how would I light gas stove if needed, is it possible to light manual with pilot/flame or I'll be stuck without electric?
You can light the burners with a match. You will not be able to use the oven.

5 burner stoves what do people usually use the long center oval burner for?
Rectangular griddle or grill pan

Some ranges have drawer underneath oven is warmer or storage or broil best use?
Personal taste.

Is sabbath mode really such a big help or not particularly? Doesn't kitchen get hot leaving oven on for days at a time ?

Leaving the oven on for days at a time burns out the glow plug more quickly than otherwise (the glow plug ignites the oven). But leaving the oven on a low temp is very useful for reheating and if you hold that you can change the oven temp on YomTov via the Sabbath mode, it is useful for cooking as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars