Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Husband has hearing difficulties

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 11:59 am
My husband is 39 and is frustrated by any simchos/dinners/events because he cant hear what ppl are saying to him. Of course, he has never asked a dr if there's anything that can be done.
Any experience or recommendations?

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 12:02 pm
First rule out a big build-up of earwax. Ask the doctor to check. It's nothing to remove, and if that was the issue it's like night and day!

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 12:06 pm
Omg. Im 39 and this has started happening to me too, and it only when there is alot of background noise. My friend told me this can totally start to happen at this age. Would love to know if there is a cure!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 7:35 pm
yeah, been there. background noise makes it really hard

shanie5

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 8:45 pm
I have high frequency hearing loss. That means I can hear you speak but not make out the words. This is rarely a problem one on one or in a quiet room. But background noise makes it almost impossible for me to hear what people are saying. Hearing aids help. Mine are not perfect, but I definitely hear better with them.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:14 pm
I know I'm late but maybe it can help
I've been there a few years ago I ended up getting hearing aids probably he will 2 if not today some day at the beginning I was really frustrated and uncomfortable but I got used to it today it's part of my life I don't even realize I wear them except when the batteries die I spent 5 seconds in the morning to fit them and 2 seconds at night to remove them and it's such small devices nobody can see it when I'm covered, on man it's probably more visible but it's life changer he won't realize it until he wear them
Hatzluche

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:18 pm
For one on one conversations try the Ava app.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:20 pm
Do you think the cause is the insanely loud music at wedding these days?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 2:46 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Do you think the cause is the insanely loud music at wedding these days?
absolutely also kids and teens wearing those earbuds all day with high volumes I can identify 3 kids on my street with hearing aids when I was in school we had one out of 900 girls with hearing aids a heimish audiologist one's told my husband that if keeps on going like this 30% of our kids will have some degree of hearing loss in their 40 as you can see it's much more common to see kids with hearing aids today
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise