Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Easy shalom zachor baking ideas

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 11:22 am
My brain is stuck, help me think. Easy delicous ideas to put out at a shalom zachor. Preferrably some blue. Smile

Elfrida

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 12:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My brain is stuck, help me think. Easy delicous ideas to put out ch blue food a shalom zachor. Preferrably some blue. Smile

You can cover any cake with blue frosting, but there aren't many naturally blue foods, and it is generally considered not be an appetizing colour. I would use a blue colour theme for plates and napkins, and not emphasize too much blue food.

A Shalom Zachor comes right after a Shabbos meal, and no one is really hungry. Unless you are expecting big crowds two or three cakes will be enough. Add arbis, drinks, nuts and so on, and you should be fine. Scatter blue jelly beans across the table to emphasize the blue theme.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 12:49 pm
Dipped pretzel rods and Oreos

White Cake with a blue swirl - I would do Dunkin Heins - make white batter - keep 1 cup on the side and mix blue into it then swirl it in and bake

Last edited by amother on Wed, Nov 17 2021, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

A1MUM

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 12:49 pm
meringues you can put a drop of blue food coloring in..

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 1:32 pm
Going amother because this would definitely out me.

I bake two versions of the basic chocolate chip sticks, 1 following the recipe and 1 without chocolate but with dried cherries/craisins and orange zest instead. I present them standing up in a blue gift box with tissue paper. I buy a bunch of the taller square gift boxes at a time in Amazing Savings and keep them on hand. If you want more blue, you could dip half of each stick in chocolate and then blue sprinkles or drizzle with blue frosting.

agreer

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 2:10 pm
Blue candy - jelly beans are easy to get by color, blue lollipops (stick them in Styrofoam for a fun presentation) etc.
Blueberries

I like to find blue sprinkles, then you can make sprinkle cookies or decorate an iced cake with them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics