Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Emuna Q: Where do we draw the line btw Atzlus & Trust in Him

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 12:39 pm
So let me explain my question better, I'm in a certain situation now where I've literally done my full hishtadlus, at this point I think I've used up all the different avenues available and it's just up to Hashem
So when discussing this with somebody she told me that once you do your hishtadlus you need to have emunah that Hashem will do the rest, after this it's not up to you anymore.
So where do we draw the line, I feel like by not doing anything it's just laziness, how do I transfer that laziness into trust in Hashem.
I feel like when I'm not doing something, in a small part of my brain it's whispering "you're lazy, you're lazy, you're just placing an emunah label on it so that you don't feel guilty"
Anyone get what I mean?
Any insight? How do I change my perspective?

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 1:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So let me explain my question better, I'm in a certain situation now where I've literally done my full hishtadlus, at this point I think I've used up all the different avenues available and it's just up to Hashem
So when discussing this with somebody she told me that once you do your hishtadlus you need to have emunah that Hashem will do the rest, after this it's not up to you anymore.
So where do we draw the line, I feel like by not doing anything it's just laziness, how do I transfer that laziness into trust in Hashem.
I feel like when I'm not doing something, in a small part of my brain it's whispering "you're lazy, you're lazy, you're just placing an emunah label on it so that you don't feel guilty"
Anyone get what I mean?
[u]

What do you mean that "hashem will do the rest"? Maybe he's already doing the rest right now? Is that possible?

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 1:03 pm
When you're telling yourself "you're lazy," what are you thinking you should be doing? It is possible that there is a little more to your hishtadlus, although I doubt it.

To calm your inner voices, I strongly recommend learning about Bitachon. Emunah (belief) is innate, but Bitachon (trust) needs to be built. When you have a solid understanding of WHY you should have Bitachon, I think you'll doubt yourself less.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 1:18 pm
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
[u]

What do you mean that "hashem will do the rest"? Maybe he's already doing the rest right now? Is that possible?

Ok, so let me explain my situation a bit better. I felt like the details might take away from the question but if it clarifies things then great.
I have a 5 month old baby. I was taking him to work with me in the beginning and it worked for the first little while, now that he's getting older the situation has gotten out of hand.
He craves attention and needs me to take care of him. I barely get any work done.
At the end of the day I come home exhausted, exasperated and annoyed at my yummy son.
I feel like a loser and unaccomplished.
I've been desparately searching for a babysitter for the last month, I promise I called every single option out there and Nada! Nobody has an opening for me!
So in regard to hishtadlus, Yes! I've done my fullest, so really now I should just sit back, but isn't that a sign of laziness? Where is my trust? What should I be doing now?

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 1:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone get what I mean?
I've also had a question similar to this and the best answer I heard that Bitachon does not mean ignoring the problem. Bitachon means that one acknowledges that there is an issue here and naturally there should be what to fear from , but since I know my creator above runs everything I will place my trust in him and everything will be fine. Basically Acknowledging there is what to be concerned about but putting trust in hashem. Atzlus is more kind of trying to ignore the problem or issue. Obviously I am assuming like you said there is nothing else that can be done. If there is what can be done and one is not performing that is another form of atzlus.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 1:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone get what I mean?

First of all, what we have to remember is that even when we do our hishtadlus it's still up to Hashem. He decides if we will have the koach to make the hishtadlus, and He will decide if it's effective. He's there every single step of the way.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 2:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok, so let me explain my situation a bit better. I felt like the details might take away from the question but if it clarifies things then great.
I have a 5 month old baby. I was taking him to work with me in the beginning and it worked for the first little while, now that he's getting older the situation has gotten out of hand.
He craves attention and needs me to take care of him. I barely get any work done.
At the end of the day I come home exhausted, exasperated and annoyed at my yummy son.
I feel like a loser and unaccomplished.
I've been desparately searching for a babysitter for the last month, I promise I called every single option out there and Nada! Nobody has an opening for me!
So in regard to hishtadlus, Yes! I've done my fullest, so really now I should just sit back, but isn't that a sign of laziness? Where is my trust? What should I be doing now?

That sounds difficult!

I think the issue might be that you understand "Trust in hashem" to mean he'll solve the problem. Is it possible that hashem wants it to be this way? That you're bringing your baby to work and he's ketching and causing you some problems?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 2:07 pm
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
That sounds difficult!

I think the issue might be that you understand "Trust in hashem" to mean he'll solve the problem. Is it possible that hashem wants it to be this way? That you're bringing your baby to work and he's ketching and causing you some problems?

I definitely hear that, could be that this is just my nisayon right now and I need to learn how to accept that
Thanks for this perspective!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 2:14 pm
OP, what I said is true, I won't delete but I'm not sure if it's what you needed to hear now that I've read the rest. Hatzlacha!

amother
DarkViolet

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 3:43 pm
How about this. I must do my best hishtadlus however I believe the outcome is not dependent on my hishtadlus; its up to Hashem's will for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational