Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
If mattress is comfortable but on wood frame and not box

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 1:28 pm
springs, does that mean sleeping on it won't be comfortable? dd sleeps on an uncomfortable mattress on a wood bed without a box spring. We are thinking of switching it to a more comfortable mattress but will it not help if we still keep the bed?

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 1:29 pm
It’s not the frame. It’s the mattress.

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 5:21 pm
https://www.us-mattress.com/wh......html

When I was shopping for mattresses the salesperson told me that a certain mattress was "platform approved." I thought this was a complete fabrication and it was. You don't need a special mattress for a platform bed. If it's comfortable, it'll be comfortable on the floor, on a box spring, on a high-riser-type spring, on wooden slats or on a wooden platform.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 9:11 pm
thanks

Amarante

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 10:04 pm
How is the mattress supported?

I ask because as zaq wrote, there are two styles of beds - the traditional style in which the box springs and mattress are held in place by slats running across the bottom and a platform style bed in which the mattress is placed directly on a solid platform with no need for a box spring.

If you don't have a platform bed, you do need a box spring because the mattress isn't supported well with slats and it will wear it out prematurely. A mattress doesn't have the "frame" that a box spring does.

Whatever you replace it with, bring your daughter along to test the mattresses because every person is individual in terms of what is most comfortable including whether they are a back, side or tummy sleeper.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 10:07 pm
Amarante wrote:
How is the mattress supported?

I ask because as zaq wrote, there are two styles of beds - the traditional style in which the box springs and mattress are held in place by slats running across the bottom and a platform style bed in which the mattress is placed directly on a solid platform with no need for a box spring.

If you don't have a platform bed, you do need a box spring because the mattress isn't supported well with slats and it will wear it out prematurely. A mattress doesn't have the "frame" that a box spring does.

Whatever you replace it with, bring your daughter along to test the mattresses because every person is individual in terms of what is most comfortable including whether they are a back, side or tummy sleeper.
It's more of a platform style bed on a wooden solid platform. We'll bring her along.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics