Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Naugatuck

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 5:18 pm
Hi, does anyone have updated information about the Nagautuck community? Has it taken off? What type of crowd has moved in? I did a search here, but haven't seen any recent posts about it. Curious if anyone has updated info..thanks Smile

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Nov 20 2021, 5:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi, does anyone have updated information about the Nagautuck community? Has it taken off? What type of crowd has moved in? I did a search here, but haven't seen any recent posts about it. Curious if anyone has updated info..thanks Smile

It's super yeshivish and insular. If you're looking to live with a variety of people, you're not going to get it there.
There's no school and no shopping there- everything has to be done in Waterbury which is a 10 minute drive away. So on Shabbos basically closed off to the world- which is fine if you're okay with that.
Quite small- not sure about the exact number of families but under 20 I think

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 4:52 pm
Thank you for your response! When you say it's 'yeshivish', what type of yeshivish do you mean? Down to earth, low maintenance, have an out of town, warm feel? Or more of an insular, keeping up with the Johnesses type of approach?

keepingbusy613

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 9:22 am
Bump

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 1:37 pm
I live in Waterbury, not Naugatuck and don't really know the people in Naugatuck so well. They are only insular to a point as they attend the Waterbury school and shop in Waterbury. The Naugatuck community is currently centered around the Boys Yeshiva in Naugatuck. Most families only have very young children and are in kollel. There is also a kollel in Waterbury. If you currently live in the tri-state area, I would recommend coming for a shabbos and getting a feel for the place. I would also recommend talking to some people from Waterbury as your kids will be in the same schools.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 6:13 pm
We are considering a move to Naugatuck.
From my research: it's yeshivish, more on the simpler side. It's hard to say, because so few people live there now, but it's supposed to have more of a simple, "out of town" taam. Someone told me that the even though the houses are big, the people who are moving in aren't doing major expensive upgrades, but just the basics for a large family.
Do you have the phone number? I spoke to Bobby Jacobs, the developer, and he was very helpful. He gave me the name of a woman to call who was able to tell me more about the people who have bought.

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:12 pm
I'm also considering buying there. Would I need to get my children into school first? Or is it a community school and I wouldnt need to worry?

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
I'm also considering buying there. Would I need to get my children into school first? Or is it a community school and I wouldnt need to worry?

The school is in Waterbury, 10 minutes away by car.
Likely your children would get in, but be warned that they are not well-equipped to deal with special needs.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for your response! When you say it's 'yeshivish', what type of yeshivish do you mean? Down to earth, low maintenance, have an out of town, warm feel? Or more of an insular, keeping up with the Johnesses type of approach?

I would say the first.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating