Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
ISO Plain Slush - Desperate UPDATE
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:39 am
Is this a thing?

I'm expecting and have been searching for over a month already. It would really make me feel a lot better. I would even travel a little out of Lakewood for one.

I just want slush without any flavor and preferably just plain ice. I tried a couple of local ice cream stores and none had.

I see online that Sonic (treif fast food restaurant) makes plain slush, does anyone know if it's kosher?

Thanks!

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:41 am
I know the ice cream house in Flatbush has plain slush that they add syrup to to give it color and flavor.

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:42 am
I don't know the answer to your question, but I believe you can buy a slushie maker to make your own at home. I've seen some online I am pretty sure.
Would that be an option?

mha3484

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:43 am
Are you talking about nugget ice? Like the hospital has? I’ve gotten it at Whole Foods before covid. Not sure if they still have. You can get an ice maker that makes it but it’s pretty expensive.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:43 am
amother [ Banana ] wrote:
I know the ice cream house in Flatbush has plain slush that they add syrup to to give it color and flavor.

I know because I'm originally from Flatbush...

I would literally go there if there was nowhere else but I don't think they would freeze very well.

sevengirl

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:44 am
I believe Dunkin’ Donuts does it for their coolsttas

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:44 am
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:
I don't know the answer to your question, but I believe you can buy a slushie maker to make your own at home. I've seen some online I am pretty sure.
Would that be an option?

Would you link to one? Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:45 am
mha3484 wrote:
Are you talking about nugget ice? Like the hospital has? I’ve gotten it at Whole Foods before covid. Not sure if they still have. You can get an ice maker that makes it but it’s pretty expensive.

Not sure what nugget ice is, can you explain? I've been eating lots of plain ice at home and Slurpees but neither are really what I want.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:47 am
sevengirl wrote:
I believe Dunkin’ Donuts does it for their coolsttas

That would be awesome! Would it need a hechsher? Are there any local places with certification?

simcha2

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would you link to one? Thank you!

We have one. Never used it for plain water (normally use soda in it). It works pretty well.

It's similar to this

Slushy Maker Ice Cup Travel Portable Double Layer Silica Cup Children's Adult Slushy Ice Cup Pinch Cup Hot Summer Cooler Smoothie Silicon Cup Pinch into Ice (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....e0433

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:52 am
Sonic Ice. There is a Sonic near the Lincoln tunnel. I understand the desperation OP and used to drive far out of way to get this. They also sell it by the bag. It's not exactly slush, more like soft nugget ice.

Also, check your iron levels if you are craving ice.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 11:56 am
I crave plain ice cubes too when I’m pregnant, it’s usually a sign of low iron, google it!!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 12:02 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Sonic Ice. There is a Sonic near the Lincoln tunnel. I understand the desperation OP and used to drive far out of way to get this. They also sell it by the bag. It's not exactly slush, more like soft nugget ice.

Also, check your iron levels if you are craving ice.

Thank you - I just called Sonic in Howell and they said that they have bags of ice. I'm going to go there later and try!!!

Interesting what people are saying about iron levels, my bloodwork came back OK but that was some time ago. My prenatal has iron. I'm going to ask by next appointment.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 12:02 pm
Quick check in lakewood has crushed ice by the fountain soda. Not sure if that’s what you are looking for though🤷🏻‍♀️

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 12:03 pm
And to those who know Wink yes I'm literally desperate! I've been driving my DH crazy we've gone to so many places already!!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 12:06 pm
simcha2 wrote:
We have one. Never used it for plain water (normally use soda in it). It works pretty well.

It's similar to this

Slushy Maker Ice Cup Travel Portable Double Layer Silica Cup Children's Adult Slushy Ice Cup Pinch Cup Hot Summer Cooler Smoothie Silicon Cup Pinch into Ice (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....e0433

Looks interesting but kind of small. I would be interested if something like this came in a larger size.

GetReal

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 12:59 pm
Yes, ice cravings are often a sign of low iron.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 1:03 pm
My kids have a slush machine.
They pour in ice and it makes slush.
Since I don’t want to be busy cleaning the machine I only let them use it for plain ice and they add the flavors into their cups.
I live in Lakewood. Maybe we can make it for you?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 1:07 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
My kids have a slush machine.
They pour in ice and it makes slush.
Since I don’t want to be busy cleaning the machine I only let them use it for plain ice and they add the flavors into their cups.
I live in Lakewood. Maybe we can make it for you?

Thank you for your kind offer.

Which machine do you have? Does it work well?

I'm actually looking now at the Ninja blender which is on Black Friday sale and it says that it crushes ice well.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 1:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you - I just called Sonic in Howell and they said that they have bags of ice. I'm going to go there later and try!!!

Interesting what people are saying about iron levels, my bloodwork came back OK but that was some time ago. My prenatal has iron. I'm going to ask by next appointment.

Good luck! My ice cravings got meshug when I was pregnant. I was taking bags of ice cubes and crushing them in an empty bathtub with a hammer. TMI
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries