Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Ben and batsheva divorced
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 2:27 am
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
Then why were people saying talking about Walder was lashon hara?

Because they are ignorant of halacha

As for those who are changing the accusations from " are there different halachos for reality tv stars" to "its wrong even if permitted" - you can say that it is not nice and you can choose not to engage in the gossip, but I really hope that you never gossip about anyone (including celebs and politicians) before you censure others on something that falls beneath your moral standards but is not assur according to most halachic opinions.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:51 am
Oh please nasturtium. Alyssum is 200% right and your posts are juvenile, classless, mean-spirited, offensive, ageist and utterly lacking in intelligence. You sound like a preschooler, and that’s insulting the preschoolers.

I have nothing but contempt for Ms. Haartless but your posts don’t inspire any respect either. Accept Alyssum’s mussar with a dash of humility and learn something from it, preferably before, rather than after, you qualify for Social Security.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:57 am
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
Because they are ignorant of halacha

As for those who are changing the accusations from " are there different halachos for reality tv stars" to "its wrong even if permitted" - you can say that it is not nice and you can choose not to engage in the gossip, but I really hope that you never gossip about anyone (including celebs and politicians) before you censure others on something that falls beneath your moral standards but is not assur according to most halachic opinions.

The difference between Walder and this is that with Walder they are accusations thay he did something wrong. He did not go on public TV and preform issurim, and promote an anti Torah anti Hashem lifestyle

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 7:14 am
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
He posted his support for her when she went on Ellen in September so I don't quite think that's right, plus she wished him happy birthday on October..

What a marriage! Laugh

fmt4

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 8:06 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
The difference between Walder and this is that with Walder they are accusations thay he did something wrong. He did not go on public TV and preform issurim, and promote an anti Torah anti Hashem lifestyle

Are you freaking kidding me? Are you comparing someone who is accused of raping children to someone wearing mini skirts and eating non kosher?
See, this is why I said that I suspected that the same people who were telling people to give chaim walder the benefit of the doubt, would happily skewer the Haarts. Somehow it often goes hand in hand.

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 8:25 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Julia is trying to influence people to go OTD so it’s a Mitzvah to ridicule and put her down. It will help to save people from following her.

How,? by saying on the show that all OTD'ers are drug addicts and losers, except her. And the one time she did decide to help a girl struggling with Yiddishkeit was by giving her a makeover, and a personal massager?

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 8:36 am
fmt4 wrote:
Are you freaking kidding me? Are you comparing someone who is accused of raping children to someone wearing mini skirts and eating non kosher?
See, this is why I said that I suspected that the same people who were telling people to give chaim walder the benefit of the doubt, would happily skewer the Haarts. Somehow it often goes hand in hand.

pick and choose to fit your narrative

I think Walder was a nasty piece of garbage who diserves to be discussed and have the story publicized. It is also muttar to discuss it because he is a rodef, and because the story is already in the public sphere.

I also know that it is permissible by halacha to gossip about the Haarts. And take issue with your moral judgment of all of us who are doing something totally permissible. And if you ever gossip or speculate about anyone private or public, celeb or politician, then you are a hypocrite.

And know I don't think this makes me a better person then you or that it is a mitzvah - but its allowed, I enjoy it, and will keep doing it.

ally

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 8:48 am
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
pick and choose to fit your narrative

I think Walder was a nasty piece of garbage who diserves to be discussed and have the story publicized. It is also muttar to discuss it because he is a rodef, and because the story is already in the public sphere.

I also know that it is permissible by halacha to gossip about the Haarts. And take issue with your moral judgment of all of us who are doing something totally permissible. And if you ever gossip or speculate about anyone private or public, celeb or politician, then you are a hypocrite.

And know I don't think this makes me a better person then you or that it is a mitzvah - but its allowed, I enjoy it, and will keep doing it.

There is a concept of מנובל ברשות התורה. The glee and venom in this thread as well as the stupidity of thinking you know people based on a tv show doesn't reflect well on the posters.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 9:30 am
ally, you, too, are 200% correct.
I find this thread fascinating in a train-wreck kind of way. How low can imamothers go while still fondly imagining they're doing a mitzvah?

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 9:45 am
ally wrote:
There is a concept of מנובל ברשות התורה. The glee and venom in this thread as well as the stupidity of thinking you know people based on a tv show doesn't reflect well on the posters.

True! Time to start a spin-off on the Zchusim of the Haart family and how they inspire us to be good.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 9:59 am
Feels like the misyavnim of our time.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 9:59 am
Thanks guys, cause of this,thread and others like it I dreamt of Julia's husband. Bye for now.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:03 am
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
Put her down without putting down all older women as well.
It’s no more ok to mock older breasts than it is to mock a ‘Jewish’ nose or darker skin or a fat body.

She is exposing her old breast. That’s the mockery. Even normal secular people don’t do that. Also she constantly tries to influence people to leave the Tora. Calling it fundamentalism and backward and wrong and anti women. It is a Mitzvah to make fun of her in any shape and form. She is a rodef also.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:08 am
causemommysaid wrote:
where did u see that?

Inside source.

They are real people with real friends and we have mutual connections.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:58 am
She is exposing her old breast. That’s the mockery. Even normal secular people don’t do that. Also she constantly tries to influence people to leave the Tora. Calling it fundamentalism and backward and wrong and anti women.

YESSSSS.

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 11:03 am
She is exposing her old breast. That’s the mockery. Even normal secular people don’t do that. Also she constantly tries to influence people to leave the Tora. Calling it fundamentalism and backward and wrong and anti women. It is a Mitzvah to make fun of her in any shape and form. She is a rodef also.

Then mock her for flaunting her body if you must. Your repulsive language about her aging body parts is an offense to all older women including your own mother. You think you'll still be a perky 32AAA when you're 50? Not without surgical intervention, hon.

You make it sound as if Julia's sin is that she's getting old and inflicting upon the public the sight of her aging body. Evidently you think it would be quite all right for her to walk around half naked if she were 22 and firm. Intelligent people beg to differ.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 11:08 am
zaq wrote:
Then mock her for flaunting her body if you must. Your repulsive language about her aging body parts is an offense to all older women including your own mother. You think you'll still be a perky 32AAA when you're 50? Not without surgical intervention, hon.

Hon, we and our mothers dont walk around with ecstatic looks on our faces, while undressed in public.

Its a free country, so she can do as she pleases, and were allowed to laugh.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 11:28 am
fmt4 wrote:

I have to agree here and say I don’t think anyone should be comparing an alleged CHILD RAPIST to someone who decided to become not religious. Blows my mind that they are even being discussed on the same thread!

I am by no means a Julia Haart fan and I think her tv show was awful. But still seeing people’s public responses to Ben and Batsheva’s divorce on social media just shows how cruel and self righteous people can be. Allowed or not allowed, I don’t think we should be celebrating other people’s pain.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 11:37 am
zaq wrote:

You make it sound as if Julia's sin is that she's getting old and inflicting upon the public the sight of her aging body. Evidently you think it would be quite all right for her to walk around half naked if she were 22 and firm. Intelligent people beg to differ.

It’s a Mitzvah to mock her in every shape and form. She is going around saying how great it is to leave yidishkeit and she is so amazing and smart. Well she is not. She is pathetic and at her old age instead of doing something meaningful is being sad and disgusting showing of her old breast. She is not young. She is trying to be hip and young giving zex advice as if she is smart. She is stupid and ignorant. Who is so stupid to think that people want to see her old sagging breast. She is disgusting through and through. I hope all her fans read this and she reads it and just stop spreading venom about the torah.
"כל שנעשה רחמן על האכזרים, לסוף נעשה אכזר על רחמנים" (ר' אלעזר, מדרש תנחומא לפרשת מצורע) .

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 12:28 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:

He only raped and molested children. IMO much much worse.
Page 6 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics