Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Ben and batsheva divorced
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 12:28 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
It’s a Mitzvah to mock her in every shape and form. She is going around saying how great it is to leave yidishkeit and she is so amazing and smart. Well she is not. She is pathetic and at her old age instead of doing something meaningful is being sad and disgusting showing of her old breast. She is not young. She is trying to be hip and young giving zex advice as if she is smart. She is stupid and ignorant. Who is so stupid to think that people want to see her old sagging breast. She is disgusting through and through. I hope all her fans read this and she reads it and just stop spreading venom about the torah.
"כל שנעשה רחמן על האכזרים, לסוף נעשה אכזר על רחמנים" (ר' אלעזר, מדרש תנחומא לפרשת מצורע) .

Wow, talk about venom.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 12:34 pm
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
Wow, talk about venom.

Exactly

taketwo

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 12:37 pm
It’s a Mitzvah to mock her in every shape and form. She is going around saying how great it is to leave yidishkeit and she is so amazing and smart. Well she is not. She is pathetic and at her old age instead of doing something meaningful is being sad and disgusting showing of her old breast. She is not young. She is trying to be hip and young giving zex advice as if she is smart. She is stupid and ignorant. Who is so stupid to think that people want to see her old sagging breast. She is disgusting through and through. I hope all her fans read this and she reads it and just stop spreading venom about the torah.
"כל שנעשה רחמן על האכזרים, לסוף נעשה אכזר על רחמנים" (ר' אלעזר, מדרש תנחומא לפרשת מצורע) .

If you feel so strongly on this topic why are you watching Netflix? She is not the only one on Netflix like this.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 1:16 pm
Has anyone forgotten that Julia actually married out?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 1:17 pm
taketwo wrote:
If you feel so strongly on this topic why are you watching Netflix? She is not the only one on Netflix like this.

She is the only one who used to be orthodox and now spits on it. I watch it because I want to know what’s going on on the world. And also because it was funny. I admit that I’m not perfect but I don’t try to convince people to watch Netflix.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 2:59 pm

I totally agree with you, but many here think we are similarly or even worse (venom... ) and lower for mocking her.

Another day on Imamother.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 3:09 pm
amother [ Nasturtium ] wrote:
I totally agree with you, but many here think we are similarly or even worse (venom... ) and lower for mocking her.

Another day on Imamother.

There is a way to mock and a way to mock.

If you must mock, it should be focused on the person’s specific qualities that deserve mocking. Not on their body or race or age.

You hate Obama? Fine, but don’t mock his mixed race. You hate Trump? Fine, but don’t mock his weight. Etc.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 3:28 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
There is a way to mock and a way to mock.

If you must mock, it should be focused on the person’s specific qualities that deserve mocking. Not on their body or race or age.

You hate Obama? Fine, but don’t mock his mixed race. You hate Trump? Fine, but don’t mock his weight. Etc.

So what and how would you consider ok to mock about Julia? Give us an example please.

gold21

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:12 pm
OK, so I just followed Ben Weinstein on Instagram. (I never followed any of these people before nor did I watch the show.)

I see that he's in Israel now, I see him posing with Duvie Shapiro, and I see him wearing a yarmelka in his last Story.

So I'm getting the feeling that he's embracing Judaism more now that he's divorced.

sequoia

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:18 pm
amother [ Nasturtium ] wrote:
So what and how would you consider ok to mock about Julia? Give us an example please.

Her behavior

Newsflash — live long enough and you too will have sagging breasts.

Sure beats the alternative.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:26 pm
When you mock someone you hate for a trait that other people also have, you are also mocking all other people with that trait.

Odelyah

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 7:14 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
When you mock someone you hate for a trait that other people also have, you are also mocking all other people with that trait.

Wow very well said! Thumbs Up

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 7:30 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:

Inside reflects on outside.

Sometimes I feel like ppl who are beautiful inside it shines and they are beautiful no matter how they look. They can be as ugly as anything but give off an aura of regal, refinement and true beauty.

And then you have ppl who are beautiful and they are horrible human being and their image is just disgusting.

I can think of examples of both.
The first one for sure.

devo1982

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 7:40 pm
amother [ RosePink ] wrote:
I don't have insta, what was the taylor swift breakup post?

Hi amother RosePink, sorry for the delay (and maybe this will be a nice respite from the discussion over criticizing Julia for her assets, saggy or not). On that topic - she's welcome to do her and be criticized for things like being overbearing or trying to pull her youngest away from being frum in order to make sure he really wants to be frum, or what have you - take your pick. There's plenty to talk about without being nasty about her appearance.

Bat posted a video on IG the other day with herself crawling into bed and getting under the covers (perfect makeup, hair) and the caption read "When you are going through your first heartbreak and Taylor Swift drops a new album." Not my taste. Talking about tricking her brain into not focusing on her missing wedding band felt more genuine, but the video was entirely contrived even if she is experiencing her first heartbreak.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 7:52 pm
gold21 wrote:
OK, so I just followed Ben Weinstein on Instagram. (I never followed any of these people before nor did I watch the show.)

I see that he's in Israel now, I see him posing with Duvie Shapiro, and I see him wearing a yarmelka in his last Story.

So I'm getting the feeling that he's embracing Judaism more now that he's divorced.

Right. I get the feeling that he’s a grounded solid person who missed his values and is simply embracing his true identity

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 7:56 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
Right. I get the feeling that he’s a grounded solid person who missed his values and is simply embracing his true identity

Definitely the impression I’m getting today. Good for him! I hope he finds true happiness.

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 8:47 pm
devo1982 wrote:
Hi amother RosePink, sorry for the delay (and maybe this will be a nice respite from the discussion over criticizing Julia for her assets, saggy or not). On that topic - she's welcome to do her and be criticized for things like being overbearing or trying to pull her youngest away from being frum in order to make sure he really wants to be frum, or what have you - take your pick. There's plenty to talk about without being nasty about her appearance.

Bat posted a video on IG the other day with herself crawling into bed and getting under the covers (perfect makeup, hair) and the caption read "When you are going through your first heartbreak and Taylor Swift drops a new album." Not my taste. Talking about tricking her brain into not focusing on her missing wedding band felt more genuine, but the video was entirely contrived even if she is experiencing her first heartbreak.

Thanks! they are close relatives of a close relative of mine...
the whole thing is so sad, I think we just need to feel bad for them...

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:21 pm

She is 50!!!! From your post, if I wouldn't know better, I'd think you're talking about an 85 year old.
Either way, while I agree with your sentiment that she's anti Torah and that she looks foolish dressing the way she does, your tone of voice and the words you're using, takes away from the legitimacy of your post. There's no reason to bring ageist mockery into this. Her behavior is disgusting, why are you duscussing her body parts. Besides, the way she dresses is classless, whether she's 20, or 50 or 87.

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:35 pm
Following

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 1:53 am
sequoia wrote:
Her behavior

Newsflash — live long enough and you too will have sagging breasts.

Sure beats the alternative.

The disgust in my heart for her is a result of her publicly passionately proudly spitting on and mocking Orthodoxy, yup, your (I assume) and my past, present and future beautiful heritage and lifestyle.

I made mention of it, but her breast situation is very minor relative to the above.
Page 7 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics