Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Scentify vs zent
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:43 pm
I’m gifting one of these to myself ( dh doesn’t buy presents and missed a bday and anniversary of mine lol!)
Which one is better? If you have one would u recommend it? Thx!

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:20 pm
They look so similar I didn't even realize there were 2 different companies.

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:50 pm
I recently got an Aera diffuser which I love. It is a bit different as it uses their proprietary inserts. I opted for the one that has smart technology which you can either schedule or operate from your phone.

I liked the regular size so much that I just got the mini version that plugs in for my guest bath.

They are non toxic and compare in price for good candles. I am terrified of candles and have read that even soy candles leave unhealthy deposits.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:57 pm
Qzent is made from all natural ingredients while scentify has toxic ingredients.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 11:47 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Qzent is made from all natural ingredients while scentify has toxic ingredients.

I was going to say this. Its higher quality.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 9:10 pm
bump

I'm looking into getting one of these as well.
any other opinions?

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 9:58 pm
How do you know scentify is toxic? I messaged them to ask before buying and they said they are 100 percent safe of bad chemicals

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 10:01 pm
A friend came over Shabbos and was saying how she’s in heaven with her new machine her house smells like a hotel lobby.. went to her house and could not stop coughing!! I think these things are very personal, def not for everyone

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 5:40 am
amother [ Lily ] wrote:
How do you know scentify is toxic? I messaged them to ask before buying and they said they are 100 percent safe of bad chemicals

When I asked them for the ingredient list they refused to disclose... to me that's a red flag..

Elfrida

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 5:47 am
When I asked them for the ingredient list they refused to disclose... to me that's a red flag..

Refusing g to reveal an ingredient list does not automatically mean the ingredients are toxic, and one should not say so on a public forum without clear evidence.

It is just as likely to mean they want to protect their product from imitations.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:53 am
Elfrida wrote:
Refusing g to reveal an ingredient list does not automatically mean the ingredients are toxic, and one should not say so on a public forum without clear evidence.

It is just as likely to mean they want to protect their product from imitations.

That's an opinion that you have... I feel that from an ingredient list you can't imitate a product, and most products sold do have an ingredient list. So if a company refuses to disclose ing list it's a red flag...

Elfrida

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:56 am
There is nothing wrong with saying that their refusal to reveal the ingredient list leaves you concerned about what may be there. It doesn't give you the right to claim in public that they use toxic ingredients without having any proof.

aycg

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:34 am
Anyone has experience with the zent in a small apartment? I’m looking for a nice scent but not to scenty if u get what I mean. Thinking in a small apartment it might be to much

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:37 am
That's an opinion that you have... I feel that from an ingredient list you can't imitate a product, and most products sold do have an ingredient list. So if a company refuses to disclose ing list it's a red flag...

Most people can't imitate the product just from the ingredient list, but for people who already know a lot about the formulations of this type of product, it probably makes it easier.

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:44 am
aycg wrote:
Anyone has experience with the zent in a small apartment? I’m looking for a nice scent but not to scenty if u get what I mean. Thinking in a small apartment it might be to much

I have zent in my small apartment and love it.
I keep it on the lowest setting so it's not overwhelming but the smell when you walk into my apartment is really amazing, I'm very happy with it
As far as I know the device itself is exactly the same thing and the scents are interchangable, I just ordered a few from scentify and they fit in exactly.

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:48 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:
I have zent in my small apartment and love it.
I keep it on the lowest setting so it's not overwhelming but the smell when you walk into my apartment is really amazing, I'm very happy with it
As far as I know the device itself is exactly the same thing and the scents are interchangable, I just ordered a few from scentify and they fit in exactly.

Thats great to know! Which zent scent is the best

Amarante

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:51 am
I am not sure how a list of ingredients would enable most people to evaluate the safety of a fragrance unless there was an obvious dangerous ingredient.

I also doubtful that a list of ingredients would enable a competitor to duplicate the product because there are specific formulas involved as well as possibly the manufacturing process itself.

I use Aera which claims to be safe and ethically sourced and provides a list of the VERY extensive components of each of their fragrances. I have never looked at the ingredients until today and have no idea what any of them are but I am not unduly worried about it.

Aera claims and I am assuming they aren't blatantly lying although that is always a possibility. However the risk from my use of their diffuser is probably far less than the risk I take in breathing air in a metropolitan area.

Our Good Ingredients

Our perfumers use only safe and ethically responsible ingredients of the highest quality to craft our home fragrances. To this end our fragrances are a combination of man-made molecules, botanicals and essential oils. All our fragrances are cruelty-free, vegan and sustainably sourced. Below you will find more information on the ingredients we use and our rationale for our strict adherence to this ingredient policy.

We Believe In Complete Transparency

There are no requirements for home fragrance brands to disclose what goes into their products, but we know that part of feeling good is knowing exactly what's in the air surrounding you and your family. Home fragrance should be a joy, not a worry, therefore we are extremely careful about what ingredients we choose to use and proudly post complete ingredient lists here.

FWIW, my current scent is the White Tea and this is the ingredient list - I have no idea this all means.
LOL

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:51 am
amother [ Lily ] wrote:
Thats great to know! Which zent scent is the best

https://zentnewyork.com/products/paradise this one is great, you'll recognize it from many stores

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 11:11 am
I’ve never heard of these. Where did you hear of these from?

losingweight

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 11:27 am
I had Zent. The machine broke so I got a new one from the company for a discounted price. It stopped working soon after and I didn't bother replacing it. Also, my kids got annoyed at the sound of it. Any nice long lasting diffusers don't have a motor?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics