Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Need help! No gluten, no dairy and not too much protein

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:28 am
I’m pregnant and having a ton of stomach issues. I want to try going off of gluten for a bit cuz I’m seeing the pattern that after gluten I have a lot of pain.
I’m always lactose intolerant and I don’t love protein when I’m pregnant. I literally can not think of a well balanced meal to eat. Pls help me with breakfast lunch and dinner ideas. Thank u sooooo much!!

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:32 am
Gluten free oatmeal, eggs in all forms, coconut milk yogurt, beans, lentils, chickpea pasta, paleo waffles and muffins, avocado açaí fruit smoothies

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:37 am
amother [ Papayawhip ] wrote:
Gluten free oatmeal, eggs in all forms, coconut milk yogurt, beans, lentils, chickpea pasta, paleo waffles and muffins, avocado açaí fruit smoothies

Oh gosh I’m about to start crying. I do not like the foods you listed at all.
Oatmeal and yogurt are not my thing. Eggs I like but quickly get nauseas from. Love beans and chickpeas but can’t deal with the insane gas during pregnancy. GF stuff like breads, waffles and muffins I’m gonna hold off buying until I see a few days of success. I don’t want to spend a ton and then go off this diet and all the food will go to waste. Don’t like smoothies in the winter. I’m a chronically cold person so doesnt work well...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:38 am
My house is well stocked with basics. Are there things I can make myself that are filling that are GF and dairy free?..?!

denise1

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:44 am
Do you like tuna? Gluten free crackers with tuna and some cut up veggies would work for breakfast or lunch.
Soups work in the winter if ur always cold. ( as I am)
You could make shredded flanken soup or chicken soup with shreddede chicken to give you some protein as well as vegetables

amother
Papayawhip

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oatmeal and yogurt are not my thing. Eggs I like but quickly get nauseas from. Love beans and chickpeas but can’t deal with the insane gas during pregnancy. GF stuff like breads, waffles and muffins I’m gonna hold off buying until I see a few days of success. I don’t want to spend a ton and then go off this diet and all the food will go to waste. Don’t like smoothies in the winter. I’m a chronically cold person so doesnt work well...
First of all, take a digestive enzyme. It helps break down all those foods. Second of all, test for h pylori. Digestive issues and food intolerances are signs of deeper health issues, and being cold all the time is another clue.

Banana and nut butter for breakfast?
Kasha?
Cream of rice?
Puffed kamut with almond milk?
Rice cake and avocado
Butternut squash
Sweet potato and scrambled egg

The waffles and muffins you can make yourself.
Buying gluten free bread and bagels will help you be successful. We love canyon bake house.

amother
Hunter

amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wow, that sounds really hard.
Can you do basics like potatoes, veggies, salads and smaller amount of fish and chicken?

nanny24/7

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:53 am
Loads of fruit and vegetables.
Rice cakes or corn cakes with peanut butter (I like corn cakes better).
Avacado makes for a good sandwhich or snack plain on corn cakes or if you want gluten free crackers or bread.
Can you tolerate lox?
Buckwheat (Kasha) and quinoa are both gluten free but have a decent amount of protein without that heavy protein feel.
Cooked vegetables from chicken soup, and any soups are great.
You can add tiny cubes of beef to soup and bones to increase the nutrition.
When you say dairy free, can you have plain butter? or Ghee (clarified butter)? Many people with lactose intolerance can.
Don't worry about forcing yourself to eat more protein. Your body knows what it wants.
Almonds or any nuts? Walnuts have a high amount of good DHA fat.
Any nut butters are great.
I find egg yolks only, easier to bear without the whites. The whites have most of the protein.
Try adding unrefined pure red palm oil to any hot foods. It has a fairly neutral flavor better than coconut oil and has a ton of vitamin A and E.
Carrots are also great any way and very nutritious. Steamed or baked potatoes with palm oil or olive oil.
Honey is filling too and not too heavy.
Good luck!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:56 am
amother [ Papayawhip ] wrote:
First of all, take a digestive enzyme. It helps break down all those foods. Second of all, test for h pylori. Digestive issues and food intolerances are signs of deeper health issues, and being cold all the time is another clue.

Banana and nut butter for breakfast?
Kasha?
Cream of rice?
Puffed kamut with almond milk?
Rice cake and avocado
Butternut squash
Sweet potato and scrambled egg

The waffles and muffins you can make yourself.
Buying gluten free bread and bagels will help you be successful. We love canyon bake house.

Some really great ideas here! Ty! Gonna try sweet pot or rice cake and avocado for lunch

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:57 am
Also soup hurts me!! I’m starting to think I really need a doc. Started this thread before I made the gluten connection

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....49638

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:59 am
nanny24/7 wrote:
Loads of fruit and vegetables.
Rice cakes or corn cakes with peanut butter (I like corn cakes better).
Avacado makes for a good sandwhich or snack plain on corn cakes or if you want gluten free crackers or bread.
Can you tolerate lox?
Buckwheat (Kasha) and quinoa are both gluten free but have a decent amount of protein without that heavy protein feel.
Cooked vegetables from chicken soup, and any soups are great.
You can add tiny cubes of beef to soup and bones to increase the nutrition.
When you say dairy free, can you have plain butter? or Ghee (clarified butter)? Many people with lactose intolerance can.
Don't worry about forcing yourself to eat more protein. Your body knows what it wants.
Almonds or any nuts? Walnuts have a high amount of good DHA fat.
Any nut butters are great.
I find egg yolks only, easier to bear without the whites. The whites have most of the protein.
Try adding unrefined pure red palm oil to any hot foods. It has a fairly neutral flavor better than coconut oil and has a ton of vitamin A and E.
Carrots are also great any way and very nutritious. Steamed or baked potatoes with palm oil or olive oil.
Honey is filling too and not too heavy.
Good luck!!!

Ty! Some really great ideas.
I’m freaking out, I was a pretty mindless eater til now and realizing now how hard this is gonna for me ...

srbmom

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 10:05 am
If you're pregnant, this sounds to me like something you should absolutely be discussing with your doctor. Seems a little drastic to go to these extremes without having that conversation first

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 10:27 am
srbmom wrote:
If you're pregnant, this sounds to me like something you should absolutely be discussing with your doctor. Seems a little drastic to go to these extremes without having that conversation first
Gluten and dairy aren’t essential nutrients, I don’t see anything reason to discuss positive health changes with a dr. But the digestive issues can be discussed, for the purpose of finding a cause.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 10:35 am
srbmom wrote:

Had an appt yesterday. That’s what prompted this.
She recommended either seeing a GI or keeping a food diary and trying to pinpoint triggers on my own. If I’m able to stay pain free on my own I don’t have to see someone but if post pregnancy this persists I should see what’s going on possibly celiac or IBS/IBD

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 8:45 pm
I'm off eggs, tree nuts, gluten, dairy. My safe foods are corn cakes and peanut butter, and gf bagels with canned salmon. Not especially balanced but I do get a little protein in there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise