Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Doona - is it worth it?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Zehava

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 1:37 pm
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
Which car seat would be compatible to a bugaboo bee if I use that for the stroller base?

The nuna

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 1:43 pm
Please don't use the doona as an exclusive carriage. Many babies get torticollis from it, including my own.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 1:59 pm
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
Which car seat would be compatible to a bugaboo bee if I use that for the stroller base?

Maxi cosi and nuna that I know of. You need to get adapters.

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:23 pm
Thanks. So what’s the pro of getting the nuna over the doona? It’s quite expensive, plus the adaptor it’s almost the same price as the doona.

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:31 pm
Im grandma, buying doonas, and all love it. Monsey, Monroe, Brooklyn,
I give a choice and they all want doonas. Whether for newborn or 12th child K"h.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:37 pm
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
Im grandma, buying doonas, and all love it. Monsey, Monroe, Brooklyn,
I give a choice and they all want doonas. Whether for newborn or 12th child K"h.

Of course they all love it, because it's in style and it's embarrassing to not have a doona. If the doona wouldn't be in style, no one would have it, and if you'd get it for them, they wouldn't love it and wouldn't be happy with it.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:39 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Of course they all love it, because it's in style and it's embarrassing to not have a doona. If the doona wouldn't be in style, no one would have it, and you'd get it for them, they wouldn't love it and wouldn't be happy with it.

I was thinking the same, but worse, that all of her kids are sheep.

Sorry this doesn’t mean that Doona is ‘worth’

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:44 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Of course they all love it, because it's in style and it's embarrassing to not have a doona. If the doona wouldn't be in style, no one would have it, and you'd get it for them, they wouldn't love it and wouldn't be happy with it.

So I have 3 kids under 3 and had a maxi cosi for my 1st 2 and now a doona. Yes, there is a pressure to have a doona. I only got it a few weeks/months after my 3rd was born and did feel out of place with my maxi cosi and snap n go. However, I can say it definitely makes it easier for me in terms of bringing my 3 kids up/down steps and back and forth from the car.
Could I have managed with my maxi cosi? Sure
Does the Doona make my life easier? So far yes

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:48 pm
Can I ask how it's easier with steps? Do you bump it? Or carry it? Because I always went for the lightest infant seat for carrying on steps and the Doona is not that.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:51 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Can I ask how it's easier with steps? Do you bump it? Or carry it? Because I always went for the lightest infant seat for carrying on steps and the Doona is not that.

I bump it.
But think when you kid is 10-12months old (and happens to be on the heavier side like my 2nd was), carrying any lightweight carseat is still very heavy...

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:52 pm
I am expecting my 3rd since doonas became a thing and I still don’t want one. I like my maxi cosi. The doona is so low and I find they don’t push easily( I’m a morah and I constantly have to push the doonas to put them away into the stroller closet at work )

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:56 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
So I have 3 kids under 3 and had a maxi cosi for my 1st 2 and now a doona. Yes, there is a pressure to have a doona. I only got it a few weeks/months after my 3rd was born and did feel out of place with my maxi cosi and snap n go. However, I can say it definitely makes it easier for me in terms of bringing my 3 kids up/down steps and back and forth from the car.
Could I have managed with my maxi cosi? Sure
Does the Doona make my life easier? So far yes

Because you have a car. Op doesn't. If you're in and out of a car a lot, it's definitely worth it. Sounds like a regular car seat would be a better option for OP

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:59 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I am expecting my 3rd since doonas became a thing and I still don’t want one. I like my maxi cosi. The doona is so low and I find they don’t push easily( I’m a morah and I constantly have to push the doonas to put them away into the stroller closet at work )

What did you use to push your maxi cosi in?

Zehava

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:00 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Of course they all love it, because it's in style and it's embarrassing to not have a doona. If the doona wouldn't be in style, no one would have it, and if you'd get it for them, they wouldn't love it and wouldn't be happy with it.

Lol keep telling yourself that. I had it before it was in style. Love it so much for the practicality. If you wanna make your life harder to davka not be in style be my guest. You don’t really know what other people would love tho and what would make them happy.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:02 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I bump it.
But think when you kid is 10-12months old (and happens to be on the heavier side like my 2nd was), carrying any lightweight carseat is still very heavy...

Right so you get up to a year of some convenience for $400 extra? And inconvenience in other ways (my Kolcraft universal car seat carrier basket holds a ton when shopping, I've had it for over 16 years. For $50.)

I still can't see how a Doona is the magic solution for every single new mother these days. I don't buy it.

(Just watched kids fighting over pushing their sibling in it on Shabbos. When I was in a tekufa of my kids fighting to push a stroller, I replaced my single stroller from my first with a taller one for my 8th so that my kids couldn't push it, lol
Took care of the fights....)

1ofbillions

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:05 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I was thinking the same, but worse, that all of her kids are sheep.

Sorry this doesn’t mean that Doona is ‘worth’

How rude!! Many people love the doona. You’re not in any way superior to them because you don’t see the value in it.

The poster you said this to sounds like such a sweetheart for buying such expensive gifts for her children. Insulting her children is so uncalled for and ridiculous.

Zehava

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:07 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Right so you get up to a year of some convenience for $400 extra? And inconvenience in other ways (my Kolcraft universal car seat carrier basket holds a ton when shopping, I've had it for over 16 years. For $50.)

I still can't see how a Doona is the magic solution for every single new mother these days. I don't buy it.

(Just watched kids fighting over pushing their sibling in it on Shabbos. When I was in a tekufa of my kids fighting to push a stroller, I replaced my single stroller from my first with a taller one for my 8th so that my kids couldn't push it, lol

Worth every penny for the two years of utter blissfully convenient travel I got out of it. My graco click connect also had a huge basket. It was also a big klutz that almost tipped over when I needed to make a turn or cross the street. Not to mention took up real estate in the trunk, needed to be shlepped out every time, needed to be checked in with the luggage on the plane and then had to wait for everyone to disembark with a baby in my hands. Forget about car services! I almost cried once in the rain when my Uber parked across the street and I had already taken the darn thing apart!
None of that anymore!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:10 pm
Zehava wrote:
Worth every penny for the two years of utter blissfully convenient travel I got out of it. My graco click connect also had a huge basket. It was also a big klutz that almost tipped over when I needed to make a turn or cross the street. Not to mention took up real estate in the trunk, needed to be shlepped out every time, needed to be checked in with the luggage on the plane and then had to wait for everyone to disembark with a baby in my hands. Forget about car services! I almost cried once in the rain when my Uber parked across the street and I had already taken the darn thing apart!
None of that anymore!

I totally get the convenience for *some* people.
Travel, car services/taxis (which I think it was created for), buildings with elevators, etc
But not every single new mother. It's one of those things every one thinks is a must but it's not necessarily helpful in all circumstances. But it's become a rite of passage.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:11 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Can you enlighten what the inconvenience are?
I find it smoother than my snap n go, I don't need the storage and I got a different cheaper stroller than the bugaboo (which was heavier to use my maxi cosi)
I actually like the fact that my oldest "helps" me push my baby in it. It makes him feel good and I think helps him bond with the baby.

ETA: I'm not saying its a must at all. I only got after having my 3rd and it was around by my 1st and 2nd. I don't think first time mothers need it at all but if they plan on not using birth control for a long duration and can use it for at least 2-3 kids, then yes, I do think it's a worthwhile investment.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:13 pm
Living on the top floor of apartment buildings for 10 years, I can't imagine shlepping it. I don't think bumping up steps would have worked.
I wouldn't be able to shop easily with it like I could do with my Kolcraft.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics