Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did you hear about the new mutation from south africa?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Charcoal

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:27 pm
Yup
Been there
Done that
Not buying it

amother
Charcoal

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:32 pm
Hm thought we are not allowed to call it by country names?
Like China virus ooooh so racist
And then we got all those Greek letter names
Guess it’s ok because it’s S Africa…
Just wanna keep up with the times

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:37 pm
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
Hm thought we are not allowed to call it by country names?
Like China virus ooooh so racist
And then we got all those Greek letter names
Guess it’s ok because it’s S Africa…
Just wanna keep up with the times

It's called the Nu or Omicron variant.
And it is not of concern at the moment, we don't know how transmissible it is.
And delta is very transmissible but usually the more transmissible the less virulent so...

amother
Yolk

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:42 pm
Feels like they are just trying to keep the hype going as long as they can. Everyone realized the delta variant didn't live up to the hype so they are on to the next one. At this point I'm over the drama and I'm just going to live my life and ignore the noise around me.

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:54 pm
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
Feels like they are just trying to keep the hype going as long as they can. Everyone realized the delta variant didn't live up to the hype so they are on to the next one. At this point I'm over the drama and I'm just going to live my life and ignore the noise around me.

Huh? Delta very much did live up to the hype. Who doesn't think so? I think people who follow news or politics rather than science are hyper up on both sides and otherwise people who don't or who listen to facts are calm and don't care.

amother
Catmint

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:57 pm
Anyone notice that these "variants" seem to pop up whenever there's a risk of things getting too close to back to normal? The powers that be don't want the crisis to ever end, because that will mean they can't get away with lockdowns and mandates anymore. So drum up hysteria about a new "variant" to keep it going 🤔

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:58 pm
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
Huh? Delta very much did live up to the hype. Who doesn't think so? I think people who follow news or politics rather than science are hyper up on both sides and otherwise people who don't or who listen to facts are calm and don't care.

I did not realize or feel that delta lived up to the hype. Not at all.

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:00 pm

How did delta live up to the hype? They said it was super contagious and serious in children. And bh it was not.

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:04 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
How did delta live up to the hype? They said it was super contagious and serious in children. And bh it was not.

Who said that? The media? Science said it was very contagious, which it is. Science and stats never showed it was very serious in children. Delta really affected certain states terribly, think Florida and pushed back alot of reopening unfortunately. I mean I haven't worn a mask since summer 2020 and don't have any restrictions but I'm talking about the rest of the us.

amother
Yolk

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:08 pm
Who said that? The media? Science said it was very contagious, which it is. Science and stats never showed it was very serious in children. Delta really affected certain states terribly, think Florida and pushed back alot of reopening unfortunately. I mean I haven't worn a mask since summer 2020 and don't have any restrictions but I'm talking about the rest of the us.

When they test for coronavirus they don't test which variant it is, so how can anyone know which is more contagious?

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:10 pm

How do you know it was the delta variant? Which part of "science" are you referring to? Is Fauci the science or the media?

amother
Yolk

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:10 pm
When you say science what does that mean? Science, media and government are very much intertwined these days. They all work together and decide how they will control the narrative. There is information being withheld and there is information that is being exaggerated and hyped up. Look at the all the scandals coming out now about fauci, coumo etc... I lost trust in everyone and everything. It's a sad world.

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:11 pm
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
When they test for coronavirus they don't test which variant it is, so how can anyone know which is more contagious?

That is not true. There is typing in an area and virologists can test transmissibility in labs of specific variants. How do you think they identify the variants to begin with?
We currently have no idea how transmissible or not omicron is for example so I don't know why people are even hyped about it.

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
How do you know it was the delta variant?

Typing in the area.

amother
Yolk

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:12 pm
That is not true. There is typing in an area and virologists can test transmissibility in labs of specific variants. How do you think they identify the variants to begin with?
We currently have no idea how transmissible or not omicron is for example so I don't know why people are even hyped about it.

But they don't test everyone that way, so they have no idea with variants are where.

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:16 pm
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
But they don't test everyone that way, so they have no idea with variants are where.

Because typing does not work that way. Local urgent cares where I live were aware of what they were seeing yom kippur time when there was a slight uptick. They knew from typing. You don't need to test every single person for typing to work.

Just for explanation's say. Let's say you are testing 10%. That 10% should be representative of the other 90% in an area and also more likely to show the more common variant. With viruses, the way transmission works, you usually have one variant always become more dominant also, but that explanation is not for a Friday.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
At this point they aren't sure have deadly it is, how fast transmission is, or whether the vaccine protects from it.

Is anyone concerned? I can't imagine lockdowns again but who knows?

It’s already in Israel
Hashem please help us already!!!!

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:23 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
Naaaa it won't happen. The US cares least about their own citizens.

For sure under biden
Wheres Trump when you need him

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:29 pm
How did Fauci and Cuomo get to South Africa to hype this new variant?

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:30 pm
If it's truly so contagious, then why does fauci refuse to ban flights from the 5 African countries like Israel and so many others did? It's almost as if they don't want the variants to stop?
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics