Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did you hear about the new mutation from south africa?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 3:38 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
We make decisions on the best science we have at this moment. We can't make decisions based on unknowns, that's not good common sense.

What is the "best science"? The one the media wants you to know? Or the true facts that vaccinated people are getting covid, and many people are having adverse reactions to the vaccine.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 3:40 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
What is the "best science"? The one the media wants you to know? Or the true facts that vaccinated people are getting covid, and many people are having adverse reactions to the vaccine.

Definitely the true facts you read on the internet telling you that the vaccine is bad.

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 3:42 pm
So a south African doctor just explained on the news, that while this variant is highly transmissable, the cases they are seeing now are "very mild".

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 3:44 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Definitely the true facts you read on the internet telling you that the vaccine is bad.

Nah your right. I probably should run get the fourth booster, since the vaccine is working so well, and there were no adverse events reported from the vaccine.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 4:09 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
We obviously all want to be healthy and want our children to be healthy. However it is looking like the vaccine may not be the cure we hoped for. People are having adverse reactions to it and vaccinated people are getting covid too. Why would you give your children a vaccine that can harm them and may not even protect them against covid.

So far they have all gotten the vaccine and have not gotten COVID, BH! I did not line my kids up to be the first one's in line but after I was convinced the benefit outweighs the risk, I got them vaccinated. Yes, we need something that lasts longer.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 10:24 am
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
The scariest part is that people are falling for it. First it was 1 shot, they promised it would help. Then a 2nd shot, now it will surely help. And now we're up to a 3rd and 4th shot. How are people still falling for it? Why does anyone with a drop of common sense believe the that vaccine helps?

I only got the 3rd shot because Im pregnant and DH and I were concerned. We've spoken a lot about vaccines and new coming out and we agreed we would not get another shot.

I'm really pissed off right now. Lots of you will claim that Corona is nothing but there is data that it has really affected unborn babies and pregnant women. I so badly want this child, we've been waiting so long.

I don't want a new variant to worry about. I want my child to be born healthy and alive.

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 12:44 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I only got the 3rd shot because Im pregnant and DH and I were concerned. We've spoken a lot about vaccines and new coming out and we agreed we would not get another shot.

I'm really pissed off right now. Lots of you will claim that Corona is nothing but there is data that it has really affected unborn babies and pregnant women. I so badly want this child, we've been waiting so long.

I don't want a new variant to worry about. I want my child to be born healthy and alive.

MOST anti-vaxxers don't think corona is nothing. They know that it's very dangerous and that many people have died. In fact, they probably know someone who died. They just don't think that the vaccine is the magical solution.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 1:45 pm
Israel got a large shipment of children’s vaccines and almost immediately Bennet announced that there is a variant that is more dangerous and deadly for children.
I really don’t trust him or his type.
They just rolled out children’s vaccines in multiple countries and then there’s a new variant that is exactly what this vaccine protects against? Something is fishy.

Heyaaa

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 1:57 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Israel got a large shipment of children’s vaccines and almost immediately Bennet announced that there is a variant that is more dangerous and deadly for children.
They just rolled out children’s vaccines in multiple countries and then there’s a new variant that is exactly what this vaccine protects against? Something is fishy.

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 2:27 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
So a south African doctor just explained on the news, that while this variant is highly transmissable, the cases they are seeing now are "very mild".

I thought this was how viruses in general behaved and what we were hoping for. Eventually the highly contagious, mild, variant should take over.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 2:36 pm
Iymnok wrote:

Well they're all saying that the vaccines don't do much against it. So IDK.

I'm confused then why they would push the children's vaccines if the new variant isn't stopped by it?

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 2:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
At this point they aren't sure have deadly it is, how fast transmission is, or whether the vaccine protects from it.

Is anyone concerned? I can't imagine lockdowns again but who knows?

We'll know more when the scientists have had more time to study it.

In the meantime I am spitting press releases. It's a lot of fun, actually. Whistling Puke

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 2:56 pm
Iymnok wrote:

You're so funny. Prof. Barry Schoub, South Africa's COVID adviser, said this variant was discovered a week ago.

Is it Israel's fault, then?

Do you think Israel paid South Africa, or paid Prof. Schoub, to announce the new variant last week?

You're hilarious. Truly.

Success10

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 3:10 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
You're so funny. Prof. Barry Schoub, South Africa's COVID adviser, said this variant was discovered a week ago.

Is it Israel's fault, then?

Do you think Israel paid South Africa, or paid Prof. Schoub, to announce the new variant last week?

You're hilarious. Truly.

It's not so nice to mock another poster. At least do so under your screen name. The variant is real. But it's being used as a scare tactic to get people to vaccinate their kids without thinking twice about it.

amother
Grape

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 4:06 pm
I live in South Africa. The covid numbers in the Jewish community and country have been low since before Rosh Hashona.
The last week they have suddenly shot up. Every day I'm hearing of more positive people and people in quarantine.
Still too early to know if severely affected or mild cases.

4g01o

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 4:50 pm
Yes and people here in England have the new variant Sad
Back to mask wearing indoors from next week, and self isolation, if been in contact with the new variant even if fully vaccinated.

Uch it's never ending...

DrMom

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 5:03 pm
Iymnok wrote:

Actually, they are not sure the vaccine protects against it, because it has many mutations that change the spike protein structure.

And I don't see that our govt has much interest in prolonging this pandemic. Their prior behavior does not indicate any tendency in that direction. If anything, they will have to walk back the easing of the restrictions that they were very eager to lift these past few weeks.

This new variant is supposed to be 5-6x more transmissible than the original strain. I really hope it is more mild. If so, I hope it is mild enough that we can ignore it and not deal with quarantines, etc.

amother
Opal

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 5:32 pm
I also live in South Africa. There were about 100 new cases in the Jewish community this week and not even one hospitalization B"H. I think it's a pretty good indication that this strain is weaker. And chances are pretty good that it's already in most of the world. Could've originated anywhere. Just cause some South African doctor discovered it the whole world had to go and ban South Africa! And people in America are happy about it??!! Do you have any idea how much havoc it causes? People that are stuck overnight, bochurim that can't get to Yeshiva, young couples that are stuck and worse parents who can't get to a child's Chasuna, and Chasanim who can't get to their own weddings!!

amother
Opal

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 5:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's good, but if the new mutation is already here (and the US wasn't restricting travelers from S Africa until now) then restricting travel now is too late.

No its not good. Uh and the US has restricted travel from South Africa since January 2021. And it reopened on 8th November 2021. So it was open for 3 weeks in total. But Americans were allowed to fly to South Africa nearly the entire time so it's much more likely Americans brought the new strain to South Africa than vice versa.

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 5:49 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
I also live in South Africa. There were about 100 new cases in the Jewish community this week and not even one hospitalization B"H. I think it's a pretty good indication that this strain is weaker. And chances are pretty good that it's already in most of the world. Could've originated anywhere. Just cause some South African doctor discovered it the whole world had to go and ban South Africa! And people in America are happy about it??!! Do you have any idea how much havoc it causes? People that are stuck overnight, bochurim that can't get to Yeshiva, young couples that are stuck and worse parents who can't get to a child's Chasuna, and Chasanim who can't get to their own weddings!!

No, because hospitalizations are a lagging indicator.

It takes 2-3 weeks usually for hospitalizations to rise with Delta, and it took 3-5 weeks with the original.

Same for deaths, but that lag time is even greater.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics