Home

Mask that’s loose on nose/under chin

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:33 pm
I’m looking for a mask that isn’t tight under the chin and nose. I get super claustrophobic when it’s fitted. I avoid going places that need a mask but can’t always do that.

amother

Lightcoral

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 1:45 pm
You can order a 2 layer mesh breathable mask on etsy.

amother

OP

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:46 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
You can order a 2 layer mesh breathable mask on etsy.

I’ve tried a few but they still go tight under my chin.

amother

Teal

Post Fri, Nov 26 2021, 2:52 pm
Borgasets Breathable Sport Face Mask for Men Women Youth Adjustable Washable Comfort Mask https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092.....psc=1

This has adjustable ear pieces. Loosen it a little and won't be tight under chin.

amother

Snow

Post Sat, Nov 27 2021, 10:45 pm
If you can find yourself a real surgical mask that ties behind the head those are not tight

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:00 am
delete

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:32 am
You can get one of those more "beaky" type of masks that have some structure to them so they don't sit directly on your nose:

I'm not sure if any mask will be loose on your chin, because then it will b e open on the bottom, which means it is not fitting properly.

Last edited by DrMom on Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Dill

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:38 am
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 12:11 pm
A mask that's loose is not doing its job. Air follows the path of least resistance. It's not going to force its way through the filter of the mask if there's a gap between your skin and the edge of the mask. It'll just flow right out of and into that gap.

amother

Mayflower

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 12:13 pm
zaq wrote:
A mask that's loose is not doing its job. Air follows the path of least resistance. It's not going to force its way through the filter of the mask if there's a gap between your skin and the edge of the mask. It'll just flow right out of and into that gap.

The mask itself doesn't do anything so

amother

OP

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:27 pm
I am well aware that it does nothing. Whatever mask I wear I’m constantly adjusting and pulling it off any chance I get so even if it’s well fitting it’s still not helping anyone. The goal is just to have something so I can get on a bus for example and not technically be breaking the rules.
What I ended up doing is taking a regular surgical mask, cutting the ear loops and tying on the ear loops from a 2nd mask to make it looser.

amother

Pearl

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:30 pm
Masks bother me tremendously. I'm always fidgeting with it. The only thing I can kind of handle is a beak kind and I cut out the inside layer. It's the only way I can breathe.

amother

Teal

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:54 pm
zaq wrote:

Some people don't care. They would rather be able to breathe. Especially since the cotton and disposable masks were proven not to be effective for covid.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h