Home

Chizuk please, exposed and baby needs to quarantine!
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Gold
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 12:15 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Saw this and Twitter today, and reading this thread I can't help but shake my head in wonder.

How did humanity ever eradicate smallpox?

Seems a greater and greater miracle every day.


It took 200 and some years.
Back to top

queen esther




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:02 am
I think you are right for being cautious and I am sending you chizzuk! I'm sorry you have to deal with this!
For all those saying, just forget it and go to parties.. a baby that was around someone positive can definitely transmit covid to others! Even vaccinated people can get covid.. Yes hopefully bezras Hashem a lighter case but still it's getting sick and time off work and disrupts lives of everyone in the house. And the other issue is about affecting those who are not protected, like small babies or more vulnerable people..I would not knowingly want to be the one to infect someone else. Yes we are all contagious with things before we know it but if there symptoms or known exposure I'd keep my baby away from others.

OP- maybe you can get a babysitter who either had COVID or booster dose so not at much risk to stay at your house so you can go to a family party?
Back to top

amother




Red
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:04 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Saw this and Twitter today, and reading this thread I can't help but shake my head in wonder.

How did humanity ever eradicate smallpox?

Seems a greater and greater miracle every day.


idk but it's coming back, just do a news search on it. I'll call it here now like I called in 2019 with the measles that the next step was mandatory adult vaccination... Bill Gates himself is warning about smallpox and it's not because he's a navi.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:09 am
queen esther wrote:
I think you are right for being cautious and I am sending you chizzuk! I'm sorry you have to deal with this!
For all those saying, just forget it and go to parties.. a baby that was around someone positive can definitely transmit covid to others! Even vaccinated people can get covid.. Yes hopefully bezras Hashem a lighter case but still it's getting sick and time off work and disrupts lives of everyone in the house. And the other issue is about affecting those who are not protected, like small babies or more vulnerable people..I would not knowingly want to be the one to infect someone else. Yes we are all contagious with things before we know it but if there symptoms or known exposure I'd keep my baby away from others.

OP- maybe you can get a babysitter who either had COVID or booster dose so not at much risk to stay at your house so you can go to a family party?


Thanks for your kind words. I also think I'm gonna have us all tested tomorrow (or later today as it's after midnight lol). I am starting to feel aches and shivers and the baby is looking flushed 😳...
Back to top

amother




Whitewash
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:28 am
Just to clarify you were away this weekend and someone already tested positive they tested right after Shabbos? Why would you be somewhere with someone went to go get tested or is waiting for results?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 1:36 am
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
Just to clarify you were away this weekend and someone already tested positive they tested right after Shabbos? Why would you be somewhere with someone went to go get tested or is waiting for results?


We were there for shabbos, this person never mentioned they started to not feel good yesterday.. We were packing up to leave tonight and they came back from urgent care saying it's positive.
Back to top

amother




Lawngreen
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 2:18 am
Stay well,
Protect others
Feel good
Back to top

abbygiva




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 5:11 am
To all those saying that her baby shouldn’t quarantine, I am confused. What does this mean for the vulnerable people her baby comes into contact with like other babies or a potentially pregnant babysitter? Or kids at the party with vulnerable people in their lives? How is everyone so callous?
Back to top

amother




Stoneblue
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We were away for Shabbos and someone just tested positive. Everyone was kissing up my baby the whole Shabbos. DH and I are both vaccinated. We were told we don't need to quarantine but the baby does. There goes our Chanukah... So frustrated!
Thanks for listening!

OP I don't mean to bust your bubble but just because you and your DH were vaccinated does not mean that you are not exposed as well.
You have the same chance of being exposed as your baby does. Whoever told you that you don't need to quarantine has misguided you. I'd bet you kissed your baby as well before you soaped the baby and yourself with soap. Even if you haven't kissed him/her you were surely in close contact with baby throughout Shabbas.

My husband was vaccinated with both Pfizer shots in August and had a very severe case of covid after two months of his last vaccine. He had a severe covid pneumonia, severe joint pain on his entire body, and high fever.

Had he not gotten the Monoclonal Antibodies Infusion it's rather likely that he wouldn't have made it out alive.
He is still not fully recovered.

Why are people so insistent that they are safe once they get the vaccine?!

During the time my husband was so sick, my doctor recommended I also get the infusion because of the contagiousness.
Back to top

amother




Stoneblue
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 9:57 am
[quote="amother [ Hyacinth ]"]
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We were away for Shabbos and someone just tested positive. Everyone was kissing up my baby the whole Shabbos. DH and I are both vaccinated. We were told we don't need to quarantine but the baby does. There goes our Chanukah... So frustrated!
Thanks for listening![/quote

Girl, no. Maybe quarantine for 1-2 days and then test her. Or don’t.
And I’m pro vax. Puh-leezee.

OP and her husband need to test as well.
Back to top

amother




Whitewash
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 10:05 am
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
OP I don't mean to bust your bubble but just because you and your DH were vaccinated does not mean that you are not exposed as well.
You have the same chance of being exposed as your baby does. Whoever told you that you don't need to quarantine has misguided you. I'd bet you kissed your baby as well before you soaped the baby and yourself with soap. Even if you haven't kissed him/her you were surely in close contact with baby throughout Shabbas.

My husband was vaccinated with both Pfizer shots in August and had a very severe case of covid after two months of his last vaccine. He had a severe covid pneumonia, severe joint pain on his entire body, and high fever.

Had he not gotten the Monoclonal Antibodies Infusion it's rather likely that he wouldn't have made it out alive.
He is still not fully recovered.

Why are people so insistent that they are safe once they get the vaccine?!

During the time my husband was so sick, my doctor recommended I also get the infusion because of the contagiousness.


Right Vaccinated people who are exposed are supposed lay low you can still go out and you should be wearing a mask when you go out. We We were in a quarantine vaccinated recently my husband wore a mask to work and shule and skipped kiddish I wore a mask going to stores
Back to top

devo1982




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 2:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for your kind words. I also think I'm gonna have us all tested tomorrow (or later today as it's after midnight lol). I am starting to feel aches and shivers and the baby is looking flushed 😳...


OP, how are you feeling? How's the baby?
Back to top

amother




Jetblack
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 2:36 pm
Just want to pop in and say that please please do the right thing. I have been in hospital for the past week with my 1 month old that caught covid! (As much as people like to go on and on that its not dangerous in kids...)
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 3:57 pm
devo1982 wrote:
OP, how are you feeling? How's the baby?


Thanks for asking! BH both feeling good, tests were negative
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 4:05 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Just want to pop in and say that please please do the right thing. I have been in hospital for the past week with my 1 month old that caught covid! (As much as people like to go on and on that its not dangerous in kids...)


Oh no...I hope your baby feels better soon...
Back to top

amother




Gardenia
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 4:28 pm
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:


Why are people so insistent that they are safe once they get the vaccine?! .


Because that's what those in charge would like you to believe. How else can they justify forcing people to get vaxxed or lose your jobs if they admit the vaccine doesn't work.
Back to top

amother




Mint
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 4:35 pm
abbygiva wrote:
To all those saying that her baby shouldn’t quarantine, I am confused. What does this mean for the vulnerable people her baby comes into contact with like other babies or a potentially pregnant babysitter? Or kids at the party with vulnerable people in their lives? How is everyone so callous?


Her baby doesn't have covid.

She can test the baby a couple of times this week to check.
Back to top

thesoundofmusic




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 5:39 pm
the day after my baby's bris we found out that the mohel tested covid positive.
we ran to test the baby he came out negative. we all quarientined. it was nuts. in retrospect the chances of a nursing baby getting covid are very low and also you could just wait two or three days- do another test hpefully negative and then go out with him. if you know someone specific who is worried jsut tell them not to get close to the baby. sending hugs and chizuk! you will be fine bezrat Hashem!!!!
Back to top

amother




Jetblack
 

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 3:07 am
thesoundofmusic wrote:
the day after my baby's bris we found out that the mohel tested covid positive.
we ran to test the baby he came out negative. we all quarientined. it was nuts. in retrospect the chances of a nursing baby getting covid are very low and also you could just wait two or three days- do another test hpefully negative and then go out with him. if you know someone specific who is worried jsut tell them not to get close to the baby. sending hugs and chizuk! you will be fine bezrat Hashem!!!!


I am the one with my baby in hospital with covid. She is fully nursing..... and caught it.
Back to top

amother




Ecru
 

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:28 am
thesoundofmusic wrote:
the chances of a nursing baby getting covid are very low


The only reason this is likely true is because such young babies aren’t usually in such close contact with non family members. At a bris the mohel is right up breathing in the baby’s face.
Another reason it could be true is if the mother has antibodies, of course.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Daycamps for toddler/baby
by amother
1 Today at 1:26 pm View last post
Love my baby but don't like constantly entertaining him
by amother
14 Today at 12:04 pm View last post
Baby is always sick - how to strengthen immune system
by amother
22 Today at 11:12 am View last post
Iso a baby nurse in monsey
by amother
0 Today at 10:20 am View last post
Personalized baby blankets ONLINE
by amother
11 Yesterday at 11:11 pm View last post