Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Puerto Rico for dummies

Rachel8177

Post Sun, Nov 28 2021, 2:49 am
Title says it all! So we finally settled on vacation destination bh, but other than that we're basically clueless. We'll most likely go beginning of February, what's average temperature there that time of year? What are the "must visit " places there? What about food? Any recommendations on nice places to stay within close proximity to chabad?TIA

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 2:47 pm
Rachel8177 wrote:
Title says it all! So we finally settled on vacation destination bh, but other than that we're basically clueless. We'll most likely go beginning of February, what's average temperature there that time of year? What are the "must visit " places there? What about food? Any recommendations on nice places to stay within close proximity to chabad?TIA

what did you end up doing while you were there? planning a trip. thanks.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 11:11 pm
https://www.jewishpuertorico.c.....o.htm

El Yunque National Forest is a must see

Also take ferry to Vieques island off Puerto Rico's coast and do boat tour of the magnificent Bioluminescent Bay

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:12 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
https://www.jewishpuertorico.com/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/59960/jewish/Things-to-do.htm

El Yunque National Forest is a must see

Also take ferry to Vieques island off Puerto Rico's coast and do boat tour of the magnificent Bioluminescent Bay

I saw kayak tours of the bioluminescent bay. Do you think that would be better than a boat tour?

Did you do the rainforest on your own or with a tour? Was it easy to follow the trails if you went on your own? And then how did you decide which ones to do?

We also plan to do the old city and the fortress. Did you do anything else? I feel like we can fit in 1 more thing if the weather cooperates:)

essie14

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:40 am
When we went to PR we did the rainforest ourselves. It was very easy IIRC.

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 4:47 am
amother Daylily wrote:
I saw kayak tours of the bioluminescent bay. Do you think that would be better than a boat tour?

Did you do the rainforest on your own or with a tour? Was it easy to follow the trails if you went on your own? And then how did you decide which ones to do?

We also plan to do the old city and the fortress. Did you do anything else? I feel like we can fit in 1 more thing if the weather cooperates:)

Kayak of the bioluminescent bay was amazing when I did it. I believe the bottom is glass so you can also see it through the floor of the boat. To me this was definitely one of the highlights.

We also did the rapelling/cave tour, which was amazing if you're more adventurous. There are also some islands you can go to for a day trip.

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:34 am
essie14 wrote:
When we went to PR we did the rainforest ourselves. It was very easy IIRC.

Thanks. How much time did you spend at the rainforest?

essie14

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:58 am
amother Daylily wrote:
Thanks. How much time did you spend at the rainforest?

A few hours, maybe half a day?

gande

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:01 am
You need tickets to the rainforest and it’s really hard to get. If you go with a tour you don’t have that problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics