Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Fashions you wish would.make a comeback
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:38 pm
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
Actually, I disagree. Suits do not flatter some body types. And they are very uncomfortable & expensive (you can't get away with an inexpensive suit without it looking very cheap unlike a dress or maxi skirt. No bargain finds on Amazon or Shein. For suits to look decent you need to buy well made from a good brand.) I'm actually not looking forward to suits coming back in, at all.

Not everything will flatter everybody...sweater sets would look terrible on me (skinny frame, large chests, flabby stomach) but suits would look good.

All dressed are also hard with my shape, but the floral dresses last season were particularly bad.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:46 pm
I have narrow shoulders and a small bust, suits were unflattering to me the first time around, and that won't have changed esp since I've gained weight around my middle. Cool

As I already said, I think the price tag will make people very unhappy when suits are back in. They will be stuck shopping in department stores or frum stores, we've been pretty spoiled being able to scour the internet for cheap stretchy tops and dresses that still look like decent quality.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 10:18 pm
Plus they'd need dry cleaning

pause

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 10:39 pm
I love bangs on wigs and high ponies for girls. The current low pony, center part looks way too matronly on most girls. High ponies are fun and girly!

I want the color navy to come back in.

Although I didn't love the look, wearing shells under tank tops or short-sleeved tops was pretty convenient.

ChutzPAh

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 10:45 pm
SUITS STAY AWAY!!!

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 10:50 pm
How about suits optional?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'll start:
sweater sets! They were so pretty, classy, and sophisticated.

Just ordered this sweater set. Wonder how it will look.
https://www.brooksbrothers.com.....=0245

DrMom

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:19 pm
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
Actually, I disagree. Suits do not flatter some body types. And they are very uncomfortable & expensive (you can't get away with an inexpensive suit without it looking very cheap unlike a dress or maxi skirt. No bargain finds on Amazon or Shein. For suits to look decent you need to buy well made from a good brand.) I'm actually not looking forward to suits coming back in, at all.

I think the increased % of online vs in-store clothing purchasing will make suits an unlikely candidate for a fashion comeback. The fit is critical for a suit and that's too tricky to get right via an online purchase. Unless 3D body-scanning software is widey adopted, I think suits are unlikely to be widely popular.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:31 pm
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
Just ordered this sweater set. Wonder how it will look.
https://www.brooksbrothers.com.....=0245

Its beautiful.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:33 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Not everything will flatter everybody...sweater sets would look terrible on me (skinny frame, large chests, flabby stomach) but suits would look good.

All dressed are also hard with my shape, but the floral dresses last season were particularly bad.

You can wear a tailored blazer or other structured top without it being part of a suit.

Suits were evil. May they burn in the bowels of hades along with the 80s floppy silk ties.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:48 pm
Side bangs for sheitel / hairstyle

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:51 pm
Shift dresses from the 60s, but tznius
But I have a unique style

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 11:57 pm
Yes to the high ponies for girls. I hate the middle part, low pony look. It’s so severe and is very ugly imho

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:02 am
Sheitels that are layered with bangs.
They were so low maintenance!

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:28 am
SixOfWands wrote:
You can wear a tailored blazer or other structured top without it being part of a suit.

Suits were evil. May they burn in the bowels of hades along with the 80s floppy silk ties.

This is a practical solution (and it works well for Zoom/remote meetings).

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:45 am

Today's fashion, as far as I can tell. I don't get it.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:02 am
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:
What I wish would go out, the faster the better, is those enormous poofy Cinderella-wannabe wedding gowns. B"H when I got married, those existed only in Disney movies and only slim, graceful gowns were in style.

Those are in fashion now? Where? I don't think I have seen one of those since the 1980s.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:05 am
I loved suits!! They went so well with my figure! I had a gorgeous suit for each one of my sheva brochos! Also had two piece same color cardigan sets - forgot what they were called. And sweater sets - I had an Italian one that was very expensive that I kept for years after it went out of style, I wore top and skirt separately and hoped for its return but eventually got rid of it 😥

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:46 am
Learn how to sew or at least design and take an old look and make it modern. Old styles always come back, but with a modern flare. Very Happy

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:32 pm
We called them twin sets Smile
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics