Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Fashions you wish would.make a comeback
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Lovable

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:36 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
Yes to the high ponies for girls. I hate the middle part, low pony look. It’s so severe and is very ugly imho

Totally. they are so ugly. I'm usually not so opinionated with styles, but this one seriously irks me

mizle10

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:38 pm
Sheer black stockings for evening affairs!
I'm too young to have ever worn them and I love them! Wish they would come back!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:41 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Sheer black stockings for evening affairs!
I'm too young to have ever worn them and I love them! Wish they would come back!

I just recently started wearing them. Don’t care about style, feel so dressy and classy.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:43 pm
I've worn sheer black stockings recently. Did I do something wrong?

mizle10

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:48 pm
You did nothing wrong you totally can wear them, but they're not particularly in style and I would love if they made a comeback.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:50 pm
We used to wear only suits for shabbos and simchas. It was such a hassle, expensive and uncomfortable. When dressy sweaters came in style for shabbos, we grabbed this fashion!

Success10

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:11 pm
The 80's. All of it.

Joking.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:23 pm
mizle10 wrote:
You did nothing wrong you totally can wear them, but they're not particularly in style and I would love if they made a comeback.

Not me.

Of course, I live in the world of opaques in winter, nothing in summer. Bringing back sheer hose ... no no no. They're too cold for winter. Too warm for summer. And eat holes in your wallet with constant runs. Stay far away.

Brooches. I want brooches to make a comeback. I have a collection of antique brooches that I want to wear.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:27 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Not me.

Of course, I live in the world of opaques in winter, nothing in summer. Bringing back sheer hose ... no no no. They're too cold for winter. Too warm for summer. And eat holes in your wallet with constant runs. Stay far away.

Brooches. I want brooches to make a comeback. I have a collection of antique brooches that I want to wear.

I’m attempting brooches. I’ve bought a few cheaper but interesting ones and always get compliments on them. I like to combine styles. They can be really fun! Not sure if I’d invest in a real one though.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:47 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I’m attempting brooches. I’ve bought a few cheaper but interesting ones and always get compliments on them. I like to combine styles. They can be really fun! Not sure if I’d invest in a real one though.

Ebay.

Try Coro and Corocraft, as well as Trifari. My favorite is Robert Mandle, but those can be pretty expensive, as they're usually sterling.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:06 pm
mizle10 wrote:

They just happened to look better with the particular dress I was wearing. Maybe I'll start a trend.

If they make a comeback, you can credit me. Cool

Fox

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:35 pm
I'd like to see modest shoulder pads become more common. We don't need the 80s-style linebacker shoulder pads -- just something to give knit tops and t-shirts a bit of shape. Even cheap tops can look great with the extra shaping.

I sew thin shoulder pads into some of my tops, and I have a set that attaches to bra straps, but they tend to shift too much. I look down and discover an unexplained lump somewhere on my upper chest or back!

keym

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:38 pm
Classic pearls.

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 3:50 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Not me.

Run a chain thru the back of your brooch and wear it as a pendant. It usually works okay, but sometimes the brooch does not lay flat so I had the jeweler add a ring to the back of the brooch so it was just like any other pendant.

Anonymous because I have told so many people about this. I get lots of compliments on my necklaces!

sunburst

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 3:57 pm
Side bangs!!! In my opinion everyone looked good in side bangs. They were very flattering in pics too!!!

chay

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:09 pm
I loved ponchos, think about them in the winter.

4g01o

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:20 pm
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
I loved suits!! They went so well with my figure! I had a gorgeous suit for each one of my sheva brochos! Also had two piece same color cardigan sets - forgot what they were called. And sweater sets - I had an Italian one that was very expensive that I kept for years after it went out of style, I wore top and skirt separately and hoped for its return but eventually got rid of it 😥

We called them twin sets!!

realsilver

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:42 pm
DrMom wrote:
I think the increased % of online vs in-store clothing purchasing will make suits an unlikely candidate for a fashion comeback. The fit is critical for a suit and that's too tricky to get right via an online purchase. Unless 3D body-scanning software is widey adopted, I think suits are unlikely to be widely popular.

Thats why oversized blazers is the thing right now. They literally don’t have to fit!

Librarian

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 6:01 pm
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
Shift dresses from the 60s, but tznius
But I have a unique style

I wear those now!

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:28 pm
Fox wrote:
I'd like to see modest shoulder pads become more common. We don't need the 80s-style linebacker shoulder pads -- just something to give knit tops and t-shirts a bit of shape. Even cheap tops can look great with the extra shaping.

I sew thin shoulder pads into some of my tops, and I have a set that attaches to bra straps, but they tend to shift too much. I look down and discover an unexplained lump somewhere on my upper chest or back!

Nooooo! All of the inverted triangle shaped people dread this!!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics