Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you afraid
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Are you afraid of the newest variant ?
So scared  
 5%  [ 13 ]
No, I’m over it  
 45%  [ 105 ]
It’s just exaggerated hype  
 49%  [ 114 ]
Total Votes : 232

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:33 pm
Of the new variant?

Classicookie

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:37 pm
I am most afraid of quirentines and lockdowns 🙈

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:40 pm
None of the answers really fit for me.

I'm concerned. I'd like to know more about what's going on with it and what they are learning about it.

I'm trying to feel optimistic that it's more mild than previous variants, which is the direction iyh the variants should go. I'm interested in learning more about what's going on as folks figure out more about it.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:45 pm
Not variant, scarient. It is a tool for the media to keep selling.

Nothing has changed. Any sane person will be somewhat concerned when if they contract the virus. And if they have comorbidities, more concerned.

Just like a cold is a cold, a flu is a flu, covid is covid.

But it is big business to keep selling fear $$$.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:47 pm
Why only extreme responses.

Of course I'm fearful of a new variant. Covid has killed 5.2 million people worldwide, 777,000 in the US alone.

That means that I'll start bucking up on the precautions I've been getting too lax on. More mask wearing indoors. Probably fewer outings to places where social distancing is more difficult. More deliveries, fewer shopping trips. Tighten my pod of people I spend time with to those also taking precautions, zoom with others.

Its the medium between the terror that those who are "over" covid think that others exhibit (but few do), and the wholesale refusal to do anything.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Of the new variant?

Its very confusing. As far as I know, Israel and perhaps Australia and maybe even Canada only allowed vaccinated people with a negative covid test into the country. Is that correct? Yet these countries have the new variant from South Africa? So are the vaccines not working or is something else wrong with this picture? Of course, my info could be outdated but as far as I know these countries only allowed vaccinated people in so what went wrong and why are vaccines still being pushed when its clearly not working for the new variant?

sequoia

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:55 pm
Generally speaking viruses do move in the direction of less fatal.

More contagious, but less fatal.

Spanish flu started out by killing a huge percentage of the population. And then it kinda just blended in with regular seasonal upper-respiratory infections.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:57 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Why only extreme responses.

Of course I'm fearful of a new variant. Covid has killed 5.2 million people worldwide, 777,000 in the US alone.

That means that I'll start bucking up on the precautions I've been getting too lax on. More mask wearing indoors. Probably fewer outings to places where social distancing is more difficult. More deliveries, fewer shopping trips. Tighten my pod of people I spend time with to those also taking precautions, zoom with others.

Its the medium between the terror that those who are "over" covid think that others exhibit (but few do), and the wholesale refusal to do anything.

If covid and/or the new variant were that dangerous then NY (or other states firing healthcare workers in the middle of a pandemic) wouldnt be firing healthcare workers and America would close the Southern Border. So I guess NY (or other states firing healthcare workers in the middle of a pandemic) and America is saying that covid and/or the new variant is not dangerous and we can just go on living as though nothing is wrong.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:07 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
If covid and/or the new variant were that dangerous then NY (or other states firing healthcare workers in the middle of a pandemic) wouldnt be firing healthcare workers and America would close the Southern Border. So I guess NY (or other states firing healthcare workers in the middle of a pandemic) and America is saying that covid and/or the new variant is not dangerous and we can just go on living as though nothing is wrong.

Agrees. If the new variants was so dangerous Biden wouldn't have been going maskless in a store that requires masks.

I'm not afraid of the new variant. I'm afraid of the regulations that will come from it and the increased government control that will result.

I'm not saying covid is not a threat. I take reasonable precautions. But the new variant doesn't scare me, yet. Let's see what happens.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:13 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:

First, can you explain what is so personal about anything that you said that makes you need anonymity?

Remember when you and your kind were screaming from the rooftops that Andrew Cuomo was a murderer, because he forced nursing homes to accept patients who were covid positive, albeit probably not contagious. Because we need to make sure that the people most likely to transmit contagion are not in our hospitals and nursing facilities.

Well, that's what NY is doing. Making sure, to the best of its ability, that workers don't spread contagion.

BTW, the omicron variant was first detected 5 days ago, well after the vaccine mandate. I know I have science on my side, but sadly, we cannot predict the future.

As to bringing up the Southern Border, there's no reason to believe that omicron is there. Is it really covid you're afraid of?

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:21 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
First, can you explain what is so personal about anything that you said that makes you need anonymity?

Remember when you and your kind were screaming from the rooftops that Andrew Cuomo was a murderer, because he forced nursing homes to accept patients who were covid positive, albeit probably not contagious. Because we need to make sure that the people most likely to transmit contagion are not in our hospitals and nursing facilities.

Well, that's what NY is doing. Making sure, to the best of its ability, that workers don't spread contagion.

BTW, the omicron variant was first detected 5 days ago, well after the vaccine mandate. I know I have science on my side, but sadly, we cannot predict the future.

As to bringing up the Southern Border, there's no reason to believe that omicron is there. Is it really covid you're afraid of?

So we have no reason to believe omicron is at the southern border but we have reason to believe it's everywhere else? How? There have been no cases in ny. So only take precautions in ny and not at the Southern border? Why shouldnt we take precautions everywhere?

And I'm confused...how do you know for sure the people cuomo ordered to nursing homes weren't contagious when they were covid positive?

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:22 pm
sequoia wrote:
Generally speaking viruses do move in the direction of less fatal.

More contagious, but less fatal.

Spanish flu started out by killing a huge percentage of the population. And then it kinda just blended in with regular seasonal upper-respiratory infections.

And Corona didn't even do this. So many deaths were the result of bad medical practices more than the corona virus itself. I was really scared back around Purim 2020 when this was all new, thinking we'd have bodies piled up in the street like 1918. Never happened B"H. I have zero fear for a long time now. I had it, I survived it just fine. I knew what to take and what to avoid. Doubt I will get it again, but if I do, I'm prepared for it all the same. No fear.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:30 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

You and your kind??

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:32 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

I'll ignore all your ad hominem attacks.
Explain how healthcare workers would be spreading covid to their patients if they have natural immunity (which America is somehow ignoring so they are not following any "science"), are wearing a mask (which you openly admit doesnt work since you still want people to vaccinate), and its the vaccinated people who are spreading this new variant (as evident by the fact that its in countries that are only allowing fully vaccinated people into the country so you clearly cant blame unvaccinated people for spreading it) yet they dont have to test for covid which means that they can still be spreading covid. We also have medications that help (even as certain people try to limit and/or restrict it), most people are vaccinated so that should help them from getting covid (obviously that isnt true but that is the claim). The southern borders are open so anyone can come in from anywhere, you do not know where people are coming in from or who they were exposed to yet you have no problem with any of them coming in. So basically, you are a walking contradiction trying to convince people that the vaccine works but your actions (including firing healthcare workers, allowing unvaccinated people into the country at the southern border, etc) clearly shows that it doesnt work and doesnt protect anyone but you clearly dont care about it so dont give me this nonsense about what happened in early 2020 with the nursing homes (which wasnt coming from the workers but from the sick elderly people who had covid but were still able to go back to their nursing homes and expose other vulnerable elderly people to covid which is what was the problem to begin with and now you are punishing workers for it which doesnt make sense) when we have come so far yet you refuse to allow for things to work appropriately like they do in Florida. So why still push the vaccine or cause all this hysteria about the new variant when its clearly just fear mongering and an attempt to stop people from living life and celebrating the holidays with their beloved ones?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:50 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Our cleaning help has a young son who tragically died from covid due to being in close proximity with those at the border. Additionally, we know several people who work at the border. We have heard first hand from all of them that it’s rampant there but hey, out of sight, out of mind.

Not looking to ruffle feathers. That wasn’t an attack but pointing out that omicron or otherwise, covid is a real issue at the border, perhaps far more serious than what most of the rest of us should expect to deal with.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:53 pm
No they lied about its severity a few days ago, but Israel said the new virus is not that severe.

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 8:03 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
No they lied about its severity a few days ago, but Israel said the new virus is not that severe.

Then why the lock down again?

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 8:11 pm
I’m hopeful that it will be very contagious snd mild and end all of this.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 8:14 pm
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
So we have no reason to believe omicron is at the southern border but we have reason to believe it's everywhere else? How? There have been no cases in ny. So only take precautions in ny and not at the Southern border? Why shouldnt we take precautions everywhere?

And I'm confused...how do you know for sure the people cuomo ordered to nursing homes weren't contagious when they were covid positive?

(1) Again, why the need for anonymity?

(2) Omicron isn't everywhere. As of today, Austria (1 case), Belgium (1), Botswana (19), Canada (3) Czeh Republic (1), Denmark (2), Germany (3), Hong Kong (3), Israel (1), Italy (1), Netherlands (13), Portugal (13), South Africa (77), Spain (1), UK (9). Sure, it may be elsewhere. But the epicenter that we need to be concerned with is clearly South Africa, not South America. https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/29......html

The current travel ban covers ban to travelers from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi.

(3) I can't be sure. But I can make an educated guess. Most experts believe that covid is no longer contagious 10 days after symptom onset, and after resolution of fever for at least 24 hours and improvement of other symptoms, for mild disease. For people who are severely ill, its more like 20 days after symptom onset and after resolution of fever and improvement of other symptoms may be warranted. Well, we know the people were improving, that's why they were being released from the hospital. And we know that most hospitalizations were occurring 10 to 12 days after symptom onset.
So to still be contagious upon release, they would have needed to have been very very ill and recover very quickly to be released. Unlikely, since we know that most severe cases take a month.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 8:16 pm
Classicookie wrote:
I am most afraid of quirentines and lockdowns 🙈

Same. I’m not afraid of the virus itself, or any of the mutations. I think the government and media is doing a great job of hyping it up and making people afraid enough that they go running for the vaccine.
Quarantine and lockdown scares me.
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics