Home

Tell me abt monsey

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:45 pm
Where do young couples live?
What apartment complexes? If there are basement apartments like Lakewood how does one find out about those?
How much is rent for a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment?
Anything else you can share with me about monsey would be greatly appreciated
Back to top

amother




Brass
 

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:29 pm
You may want to be more specific. Tell us what area of Monsey, and your affiliation….what type of neighborhood are you looking for?
Back to top

amother




Zinnia
 

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 7:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where do young couples live?
What apartment complexes? If there are basement apartments like Lakewood how does one find out about those?
How much is rent for a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment?
Anything else you can share with me about monsey would be greatly appreciated


Young couples live everywhere and anywhere. The only place I can think of that has an area condensed with young couples is Victoria Gardens. They’re apartment complexes.
There are many basement apartments in many different neighborhoods. What type of crowd are you looking for?
A 2-3 bedroom apartment can be anywhere between $1,700-2,200 I would say.

Monsey has a diverse mix. Hard to describe it in one post.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 8:07 pm
amother [ Brass ] wrote:
You may want to be more specific. Tell us what area of Monsey, and your affiliation….what type of neighborhood are you looking for?


I really dont know monsey at all so it's hard for me to say location...we rather live in old monsey then the new up and coming areas, mainly because I want to be close to shopping and shuls
We are mid twenties, husband working, yishivish but not lakewood kollel type,
Looking for a litvish area with shuls nearby, shopping nearby...not so important to be with young couples but I would want frum neighbors
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 8:09 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
Young couples live everywhere and anywhere. The only place I can think of that has an area condensed with young couples is Victoria Gardens. They’re apartment complexes.
There are many basement apartments in many different neighborhoods. What type of crowd are you looking for?
A 2-3 bedroom apartment can be anywhere between $1,700-2,200 I would say.

Monsey has a diverse mix. Hard to describe it in one post.


Is there a way to see listings for basement apartments available? Like a paper or website or whatsapp...
Back to top

amother




Wandflower
 

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 8:12 pm
The center of town near shopping is very chassidishe. If you want a litvishe neighborhood you are going to have to move to an up and coming area. And there may be no basement apartments available in those areas. If you drive that won’t be such an issue you will just drive to shopping. Why are you wanting to move?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 8:23 pm
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
The center of town near shopping is very chassidishe. If you want a litvishe neighborhood you are going to have to move to an up and coming area. And there may be no basement apartments available in those areas. If you drive that won’t be such an issue you will just drive to shopping. Why are you wanting to move?


Can you tell me about these areas? What are the neighborhoods called/apartments so I can look them up? And is rent cheaper there?
Tia
Back to top

amother




Zinnia
 

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I really dont know monsey at all so it's hard for me to say location...we rather live in old monsey then the new up and coming areas, mainly because I want to be close to shopping and shuls
We are mid twenties, husband working, yishivish but not lakewood kollel type,
Looking for a litvish area with shuls nearby, shopping nearby...not so important to be with young couples but I would want frum neighbors


Close to what type of shopping? Grocery stores?
Do you drive? if so, then anywhere you live will have shopping within reasonable driving distance. There are many shuls, you won’t have a problem finding one within walking distance.

Do you know anyone in Monsey that you can call to find out more info? If you’re seriously considering moving here and want more info, you’ll probably be better off discussing with someone IRL. Too many factors to consider with these posts.
Back to top

amother




Zinnia
 

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you tell me about these areas? What are the neighborhoods called/apartments so I can look them up? And is rent cheaper there?
Tia


The only non chassidish neighborhood that’s very close to shopping is certain areas in Wesley hills. They’re close to Wesley kosher shopping center. There are some basement apartments there, but probably not listed anywhere public.

If you can get a hold of the community connections (a magazine) they have apartment rental listings.
I would post a pic, but I don’t have the magazine.
Back to top

amother




Broom
 

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:31 pm
www.3712222.com
Community connections. Flip to the back and go backwards from there, the apts for rent are in the back section.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Playgroup in Monsey
by amother
6 Yesterday at 11:06 pm View last post
Monsey Mansion
by amother
28 Yesterday at 9:16 pm View last post
Monsey Accountant to file my taxes
by amother
8 Thu, Jan 20 2022, 10:12 pm View last post
Erps speech therapist monsey
by noidea
1 Thu, Jan 20 2022, 8:21 pm View last post
Nursery in Monsey
by amother
4 Wed, Jan 19 2022, 9:56 pm View last post