Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Instagram influencer
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:00 pm
Just for some light content.... are you an Instagram influencer? How'd you get started? Does it pay your bills? Is it as glamorous as you all make it seem?
CaN you give us some clues as to who you are??

mushkamothers

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:07 pm
Ha I'm an anti-influencer but I have an account and I even had a reel go viral (4.6 million views right now). It pays zero bills 😂 but I'm not the kind of lifestyle influencer you're asking about

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:09 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
Ha I'm an anti-influencer but I have an account and I even had a reel go viral (4.6 million views right now). It pays zero bills 😂 but I'm not the kind of lifestyle influencer you're asking about

What’s your account? Wanna see that reels haha

mushkamothers

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:27 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
What’s your account? Wanna see that reels haha

@motheringmindset
https://www.instagram.com/motheringmindset/

I have no idea why that one reel went viral. It didn't follow any of the "rules" like using trending audio, hashtags etc... go figure the internet is a weird and random place. I shared my thoughts on my sudden fame, if you're interested in that.

In general Instagram takes a lot of work and hustle. I always did it for fun, I only more recently started paying attention to the backend algorithm, and it's a lot. A lot more work goes in than you'd think. Everything takes time and effort.

That said, as business coaches love to say, # of followers is a vanity metric not a count of revenue. You can have 100k followers and be broke or have 100 followers and each is a dedicated customer. So definitely too much attention being put on the external (Including from the consumers side like don't think a big account is better than a smaller one)

shapeup613

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:12 pm
mushkamothers I just checked out your Instagram...I love it!

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:15 pm
im so over these dumb influencers who claim to be super tznius yet post garbage on their feeds.
some influencer today posted about how she takes a shower with her husband every morning.
what the heck?

Genius

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:21 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
im so over these dumb influencers who claim to be super tznius yet post garbage on their feeds.
some influencer today posted about how she takes a shower with her husband every morning.
what the heck?

LOL LOL LOL
No idea why I’m laughing, but I found it hilarious!

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:24 pm
Genius wrote:
LOL LOL LOL
No idea why I’m laughing, but I found it hilarious!

she seriously wrote that they have 2 shower heads so that they can shower together. they "discuss their day and steam together" I rolled my eyes and deleted instagram for the day after that

MrsDash

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:31 pm

KJP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:37 pm
she seriously wrote that they have 2 shower heads so that they can shower together. they "discuss their day and steam together" I rolled my eyes and deleted instagram for the day after that

Who posted this? Way too much oversharing in my opinion.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:59 pm
She isn’t and doesn’t claim to be tznius…

There are others that do claim and maybe I don’t. Think they are but she is not modest by any stretch of imagination.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 9:01 pm
I have over 50k followers, yet I’m definitely not an “influencer”. I put the word in quotes because anyone who has one or more followers, and posts content, is influencing.

My account is for my photography business, and I rarely promote anything else. When I do, it’s something I believe in, and I mention if I was given an item for free or at a discount.

Prior to becoming a photographer, I did affiliate marketing, which is similar to “influencering” in many ways. There was no Instagram in those days (at least most of us hadn’t heard of it yet), so marketing was done on websites, in newsletters, etc. I earned decently back then by promoting Amazon products, and courses related to my websites’ content, and selling ad space in my newsletter.

It’s difficult for me to imagine that the income from influencing is anything remotely significant from the affiliate marketing.

For example, if you have 50k followers, and promote a $100 item on Amazon, and .05% of your followers actually purchase it within the 24 hours of the Amazon cookie being active (possibly high guesstimate, considering that most of them aren’t even seeing your stories!), and they did not click on a different influencer’s amazon link, or a link from any other website (dansdeals, BetweenCarPools, etc), then you’d earn around 7% of their purchase. So 25 people bought it through your link, you earn $7 per person, so 25x7 = $175.

And nobody wants to be sold to all the time, unless you’re a fabulous deal-finder like Dansdeals. So you’re going to be posting a lot of content about how great that $100 item is, and your personal life, all to earn a whopping $175????

Perhaps there’s decent money to be earned by having brands approach you. For example, when I see an influencer go to Junees and post many stories all about their clothes, it’s possible that Junees has paid her $x,xxx for that kind of marketing.

However, growing your following to that point is harder than ever, with the influencing market being so saturated, and definitely takes a long time.

As far as the glamour- you be the judge. Read all the posts here from people who have lives that look perfect from the outside, yet have terrible pain, illness, addictions, etc that nobody knows about.

Last point: I’m currently on a posting break; I haven’t posted in about two months. I’ll get back to it in due time IY”H. It’s a truly grounding and freeing feeling to live life without a thought about posting!!!!! (And I almost always took a break Fridays through Sundays, and only posted Mondays - Thursdays.)

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 9:11 pm
what the heck?

She doesnt claim to be super tznius, doesnt present herself as super tznius and was simply answering some nosy questions she got after she showed off her newly renovated bathroom. She is a sweetheart and there is no need to bash her just because you disagree with what she said (not that there is anything wrong with a married couple doing things together).

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 9:22 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
She doesnt claim to be super tznius, doesnt present herself as super tznius and was simply answering some nosy questions she got after she showed off her newly renovated bathroom. She is a sweetheart and there is no need to bash her just because you disagree with what she said (not that there is anything wrong with a married couple doing things together).

Who?!
I was too busy to go on insta today and don't have patience to watch a bazillion stories rn

cupcake123

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 9:27 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
Who?!
I was too busy to go on insta today and don't have patience to watch a bazillion stories rn

I'm curious too. I erased Instagram a long while ago but still get enamored 🙈

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 9:56 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:

Uhm sorry I dont think its normal for a married couple to post to her thousands of followers that she showers with her husband every morning. She may be a sweetheart, she seems like a really good mother especially with what shes doing with her two babies, but theres an issue if frum women think its ok for this type of content to be posted online.

I also shower everyday with my hubby do you see me posting about it ??

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:08 pm
Uhm sorry I dont think its normal for a married couple to post to her thousands of followers that she showers with her husband every morning. She may be a sweetheart, she seems like a really good mother especially with what shes doing with her two babies, but theres an issue if frum women think its ok for this type of content to be posted online.

Ok so now I'm looking for someone with 2 babies? Lol
Cuz I've been searching randomly...

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:22 pm
Lmk when you find her:)

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:42 pm
I watched that influencer’s stories, she isn’t and doesn’t claim to be super frum. I would imagine her audience wouldn’t be super frum either.. This is the same type of influencer that posts pictures and stories of her kissing her husband so why is showering together any diff..

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:02 pm

I’m not sure why you’re so bothered by her, she isn’t a frum influencer and it’s not her duty to make sure other influencers post tzinius content it’s HER page if she wanted to post nudes of her and her husband she can because again it’s HER page. I do think some influencers are out of their minds and have garbage all over their pages but it’s THEIR page and they’re entitled to post what they want. It’s your job to guard your eyes to what you want or don’t want to see.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics