Home

Amazon Returns

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:22 pm
When retuning holiday purchases - unopned, unused, they ask for a reason.
if reason is "no longer needed", will they charge delivery / return fee?
What do they expect with tons of shopping at this time? shop now think later".

if return several items, will they black list account?

Thank you
Back to top

emzod42




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When retuning holiday purchases - unopned, unused, they ask for a reason.
if reason is "no longer needed", will they charge delivery / return fee?
What do they expect with tons of shopping at this time? shop now think later".

if return several items, will they black list account?

Thank you


It really depends on the item. If it said "free returns" when you bought it, you won't be charged. If it didn't say free returns if you don't have a real reason (like it's defective), you will be charged for shipping. You can always check by starting the return and not following through once you see if there's a charge.

We return lots of things and haven't been blacklisted but we also keep a lot of things. I imagine if they see a pattern where you return way, way more than you keep, it might be a problem.
Back to top

nnmom




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:46 pm
Definitely call the customer service line. Explain the situation. They are very likely to offer you free refund for your loyalty if you are a prime member.
Have done that a few times
I don’t ask they just offer
Back to top

flowerpower




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 9:53 pm
What I do is click on the pay for shipping method ( like going to the closest Kohls) and then I chat with them online. I tell them that I would like a return label emailed to me please and they always send me one.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:03 pm
No longer needed option, will not give you the free shipping. See what other options apply like quality not as expected or item arrived too late.
Back to top

amother




Khaki
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:12 pm
Many many items are "free returns". If so, they don't charge return shipping, regardless of the reason.

I've returned plenty items and have never had any issues.
Back to top

amother




Burlywood
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:14 pm
If you have amazon prime,returns are the easiest thing. They will never ask you to pay for shipping unless it’s not a prime item.
Back to top

cnc




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 10:17 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
If you have amazon prime,returns are the easiest thing. They will never ask you to pay for shipping unless it’s not a prime item.


That is not accurate .
Back to top

flowerpower




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:05 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
If you have amazon prime,returns are the easiest thing. They will never ask you to pay for shipping unless it’s not a prime item.


Not really true. They made me pay many times.
Back to top

mfb




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:07 am
flowerpower wrote:
Not really true. They made me pay many times.

Please don’t pay if it says free returns.
Call or chat and you will get a free label in 2 minutes.
Back to top

Amelia Bedelia




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 4:32 am
I do "arrived too late" for free returns
Back to top

flowerpower




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:48 pm
mfb wrote:
Please don’t pay if it says free returns.
Call or chat and you will get a free label in 2 minutes.


That is what I do every time. Just saying that even though I have prime they still charge me many times.
Back to top

Blessing1




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:50 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
If you have amazon prime,returns are the easiest thing. They will never ask you to pay for shipping unless it’s not a prime item.


That's not true. I have prime and returns haven't been easy lately.
Back to top

amother




Burlywood
 

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 2:10 pm
flowerpower wrote:
That is what I do every time. Just saying that even though I have prime they still charge me many times.


I can’t understand why?
I’ve never had this issue. If this were to happen I would probably cancel prime membership. Paying for shipping defeats the purpose of being a prime member.
I have made so many returns over the years. Lately I just drop off the items at kohl’s and don’t even need a label.
Sometimes amazon has told me to keep an item when it wasn’t worth it for them to pay for the return.
I honestly thought this was everyone’s experience.
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 2:33 pm
I believe in Amazon has had more third-party sellers as of recent so therefore if it's not being sold and covered by Amazon it can't necessarily be free returns so check who you're buying with check that it's fulfilled by Amazon plus you can filter with prime or free returns when you're searching
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Ali returns
by amother
1 Yesterday at 10:34 pm View last post
Amazon Fire Tablet
by Oldest
2 Fri, Jan 21 2022, 10:16 am View last post
Does anyone use "The pink stuff" from Amazon for cleaning? 13 Thu, Jan 20 2022, 7:58 pm View last post
Why don’t more people sell sheitels on Amazon?
by amother
1 Tue, Jan 18 2022, 8:11 pm View last post
Google Home vs Amazon Echo for home intercom
by amother
3 Thu, Dec 30 2021, 1:05 pm View last post