Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Mesivta rebbe Chanukah money question

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:16 am
I was wondering if some Lakewood ladies can chime in. I always gave a nice check to my boys rebbes on Chanukah. English teachers I gave much less. I’m wondering how it works in mesivta where my son has first Seder second Seder and night Seder rebbes. Also he came home saying they’re collecting $25 a boy for the rebbe for Chanukah… wondering if ppl don’t give mesivta rebbe same as elementary rebbe?
I know I can give what I want but I’m asking what’s standard as we really can not afford it at all but have always choked up the money to give the rebbeim a nice check.
Thanks everyone!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:05 am
Bump

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 9:39 am
I’m surprised they are collecting. Maybe one boy decided this. To get present from boys.

Ppl tip mesivta rebbes a lot bec they are with the boys a lot. First Seder and second Seder. I was told night Seder is optional.
$100 each is typical.
First Seder bec they are with boys long time.
Second Seder bec harder job keeping boys motivated after morning.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:04 am
They usually don’t collect at that age. It’s usually left up to the parents to decide how much to give. I think people give anywhere from $75-$250. Really depends on the kesher the Rebbi has with your son and how much you can afford now.
Don’t forget that it’s also expected to give something for Purim.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:04 am
I give to the rebbi's. Nobody collected though. Does anyone know about bais medrash. My son is out of town, how do I give.

keym

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 10:18 am
I was told it goes Mesivta by Mesivta and you have to know what happens there.
My son's Mesivta, the boys collect $20 and buy a big gift for 1st Seder Rebbi and small token gifts for the other Rebbeim. And Purim they give a big gift to 2nd Seder Rebbi and token gifts to the others.
Our neighbor sends checks no collection.
And another neighbor they do a collection of $50 per boy and they give nice gifts to all the Rebbeim plus smaller gifts to the halacha Rebbi and Menahel.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:38 am
Thanks everyone. I’m just going to give the checks as usual.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries