Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
America, the land of flowing money

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:44 pm
As in flowing away...
We have nonstop expenses!
Now we have to shell out a few hundred for chanukah gelt for teachers, then again Purim time! Or is it either or?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
As in flowing away...
We have nonstop expenses!
Now we have to shell out a few hundred for chanukah gelt for teachers, then again Purim time! Or is it either or?

Rabbaim deserve every penny and more.

Give for Chanukah and send mishloach manos on Purim. Also try to help out by Pesach.

I don’t begrudge them. Sometimes money is tight but my complaint isn’t about what they need, and FYI my tuition bill this year for all my kids is close to six figures. It’s shocking.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:50 pm
It's however you make it to be. I love your title though! If you have money now, then you can give now. If it comes Purim and you don't have any, then don't give. Or you can decide, I'll be giving on Purim and not now. Stick to your own rules! Hatzlocha and may you have a shefa in all areas!

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:52 pm
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:

Give for Chanukah and send mishloach manos on Purim. Also try to help out by Pesach.

I don’t begrudge them. Sometimes money is tight but my complaint isn’t about what they need, and FYI my tuition bill this year for all my kids is close to six figures. It’s shocking.

Re bolded

Why exactly are we paying an arm and a leg for tuition?
Tips should be a bonus, not instead of payroll.

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:10 pm
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:

Nope. We pay tuition, they get their salary and what they agreed to get paid. No one is giving me tips, bonuses, gifts etc even though what I do literally saves lives. I work in a profession that is overlooked and underappreciated. But I do my job knowing how important it is and that I am saving lives. Not for the gifts.

I appreciate what the Rebbes (AND TEACHERS AND MORAHS) do. I send thank yous, will give MM at Purim, and show appreciation in other ways. If I can, an end of year gift. But I am not responsible to pay their rent or other bills at every YT. Especially when I am pinching pennies. Appreciation doesnt have to mean cash.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics