Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
What do you write when you send cash

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:37 am
Please help a socially clueless imamother

I want to send cash Chanukah gelt to my kids' teachers. Not sure what to write along with it. I'm going to mail the cash in blank card because I didn't get my act together before vacation. Do I write something like Happy Chanukah, thank you for teaching my child. From Family OP?

In general I could use a book of social stories for frum people...

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:41 am
"best wishes for a happy chanuka" is fine. So is "best wishes to you and your family for a happy chanuka." So is "Happy Chanuka, with appreciation for your hard work and dedication." There's no wrong or right here. If you want to use preprinted greeting cards and just write Dear Rabbi Goldschatz on top and sign your name, that's fine, too.

mha3484

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:42 am
I wrote a nice note about how much I appreciate what they did for my child. I did bigger gifts at the end of last school year because I really didnt have what to give at channukah. I choose specific things they did that really meant a lot to my child or myself and my husband.

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:43 am
Wait--you're mailing the gelt? Please don't mail cash. Mail theft is a big business. Please send checks if you possibly can.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:45 am
I try to write some sort of personalized thank you note highlighting something they do or something my child has enjoyed… but sometimes it just ends up as a generic thank you for all your hard work x child is having a wonderful year.

SG18

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 1:15 pm
DH is a teacher and loved getting cards that his students wrote for Chanukah or end of the year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics