Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Camp banim/ bonim

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 6:27 pm
Someone told me about banim. I can only find bonim. Is it the same camp or are they different?

What can you tell about either camp?
Or do you have any recommendation of a camp for an oot yeshivish boy that I can still appt for?

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 6:50 pm
I never heard of Camp Banim, only Camp Bonim. It's supposed to be a good camp. I don't know how much of an oot crowd they get. It seems like a lot of kids come from Far Rockaway, Passaic, Baltimore. I think they get a lot of staff members from Baltimore.

If you are looking for an oot yeshivish camp, than a lot of kids in my city have gone to Camp Chaverim-- https://chaverimovernight.com/ --- they barely get anyone from NY/NJ. The directors are from Baltimore and Silver spring, and the kids come from all sorts of places I never thought anyone actually lived in LOL - atlanta, houston, phoenix, richmond, dallas, jacksonville, columbus, etc......

mra01385

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 6:53 pm
Camp Bonim is in the poconos. More oot boys go first half. It’s one of the smaller size camps.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:38 am
Camp Bonim mother here! We live in Baltimore and there are plenty of OOT boys, especially first half (more of a Lakewood influx 2nd half, but not only). We love everything about Bonim! Great staff, learning, sports, plenty of other activities and not just sports...

Feel free to ask any questions!

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:24 am
My son is going for the first time for second half this summer. Is it a smaller camp?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:48 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
My son is going for the first time for second half this summer. Is it a smaller camp?

Small is a relative number. Maybe 200-250 campers? I can look in my son's yearbook from last summer to get a more accurate number.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 9:22 am
My boys have gone there. Amazing camp with incredible staff!!!

Agree with the above - first half more OOT because Lakewood still has yeshiva. 2nd half more of a mix, Lakewood and others

Chilled, warm staff
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children