Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are you comfortable in High heels
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Are you comfortable in High heels
yes  
 15%  [ 44 ]
no  
 84%  [ 244 ]
Total Votes : 288

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:44 am
Oh, no. Especially when I visit in-laws and walk up or down staircases carrying a child or a laundry basket--terrifying.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:50 am
I answered yes. There is a caveat: they need to fit right ( I have wide feet) and I usually prefer 1-2 inches height and a thick heel or wedge.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:50 am
Add me to the list of people who don't wear them because they are uncomfortable. These days, they cause me actual pain, but even when they just made me ache, I didn't. It's the times in my life that I most want to look nice that it's also most important that I be comfortable. I also don't wear clothes that look nice on me if they are not comfortable. If I go to a wedding, especially a family one, I will be on my feet a lot and dancing, so no high heels and no straight skirts.

Caveat- I am not short. I have friends who are short who wear high heels because otherwise they are always looking up at people and it's literally a pain in the neck and bad for them. In that case, it's functional and I get it.

kenz

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:57 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I answered yes. There is a caveat: they need to fit right ( I have wide feet) and I usually prefer 1-2 inches height and a thick heel or wedge.

I don’t think 1-2 inches qualifies as high heels.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:00 am
kenz wrote:

K wtvr. They are high for me and not flats. lol

I'll happily take my midwestern frumpy foot fashion elsewhere lol

I'm comfortable and look good. lol

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:04 am
It’s extremely uncomfortable for me. And I’m short, so they’re even more uncomfortable, but I need to wear them when I want to look elegant. Besides for being invisible if I don’t wear them, my stature just isn’t the same when I wear flats.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:09 am
kenz wrote:

They don't. Its a definitional thing.

Low heels are 2 to 2.5 inches. Mid heels 2.5 to 3.5 High 3.5 to 4.5. Very high 4.5 to 5.5. And you don't want to know what people call anything over that.

The fact that even low heels are usually too high for my beleaguered knees is irreleant.

moonstone

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:05 pm
Nope, I hate them. I never wear them. I only wear comfortable shoes, no matter what the occasion.

icebreaker

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:08 pm
I can't do narrow heels. But I can do chunky, block heels easily.

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:08 pm
kenz wrote:

Perhaps we are using the same words to mean different things.

In general, anything not flat has high heels. My high-heeled shoes are about 1.75" high.

When discussing different types of high heels, sometimes people use the terms low-heel or mid-heel to refer to shoes that are not super-high. They do have high heels, though. Context is everything.

synthy

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:35 pm
Yes!! I have flat feet and wearing flats puts a strain on them. High heels hold up my arch so its way more comfortable, even for long periods of time.
ETA I wear 3 inch ones.

Hello99

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:43 pm
I enjoy wearing heels. I feel good in them and it makes me look taller. In general I start out comfortable in my heels but by the end of the night me feet hurt and I am ready to take it off.

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:55 pm
I used to wear heels even if my feet were throbbing because I love how I look and feel on them but now I care more about comfort so I only buy Naturalizer. They actually have some really cute styles of high heels. And hey are soooo much more comfortable than regular heels

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 12:10 am
Amazing poll!!!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 2:02 am
No but I've never worn them in my life, never had the desire too.

My mom said in her late teens /early twenties she exclusively wore heels and that it's something you just get totally used to and don't even think about

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 9:11 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
You poor deluded fool, you really swallowed the Kool-Aid.
Do you think your man subjects himself to physical pain just so that you'll think he looks s-xy? Exercise doesn't count because exercise is essential to health.

I hope you're not bringing up your dds to believe this. One might even consider that a form of child abuse.

Thank you so much for your words!
Hashem should bless you with revealed good, and a happy Hanukkah!
Good shabbos!

kenz

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 9:29 am
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:

In general, anything not flat has high heels. My high-heeled shoes are about 1.75" high.

When discussing different types of high heels, sometimes people use the terms low-heel or mid-heel to refer to shoes that are not super-high. They do have high heels, though. Context is everything.

Not really. Low heels are not flat. They are still not high.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 9:46 am
Yep. Never again.
I can only do wedges and fat blocks. I’m scared of the thin high ones. The shoes I wear give me a small lift. I prefer my flats though. More comfier.

My mother got injured using heels and that scared me off even more lol. No heels higher than 2.5 inches for me.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 11:08 am
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:

Words have meanings in the real world.

If I say Suzy is an alcoholic, you understand it to mean that she cannot control her drinking, not that she has 2 ounces of wine with kiddush. If I offer you a cup of coffee, you're not expecting iced tea. And when I say that Shloimie wears high heels to shul, you'd be surprised to see him show up in typical men's shoes, which have a 1-1/8 inch heel.

Well, "high heels" has a meaning too. Maybe the 1-3/4 inch heels are "high for you," but they're not "high heels." By definition.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 3:13 pm
Loved heels as teen
I was very short , 5 2. Used to wear 6 inch stiletto

But at 19, needed surgery for ingrown toenails
Havent been wear more than kitten heels since

Podiatrist told me more than 3 inch is a lot of parnosa for podiatrists and orthopedic drs
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics