Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
How to stop tights from ripping by the toes

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 2:43 pm
One if my dds tights is constantly ripping by her big toe.

I've tried different companies, cotton, nylon, different sizes.

Sure can't wear a lot of companies as she very thin and a lot of them don't hold up and fall down.
2 max 3 wears and it's already thinning / ripping by the toes. Some nylon tights are literally one time use.

Her toe nails aren't long. I've tried filling them after clipping so they aren't sharp. Nothing works.

It Wrigley be so bad if I didn't hate memfimg so much. But $6-7 a tight for 3x use is expensive. $4 for a single use is insane.
As is, after I fix them, it's another few days and they rip again same spot or a drop over.

Any other tricks I can try?

cupcake123

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 2:45 pm
Following!

suremom

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 2:48 pm
Sometimes shoes do that. When putting in feet it pulls on tights making it tight. Can she wear those little socks (not sure how they are called) that covers toes and heels?

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 3:26 pm
I have that with my boots so I started wearing leggings and anklets .

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 3:43 pm
cnc wrote:
I have that with my boots so I started wearing leggings and anklets .
[b]

Do they look like leggings or just like tights? If they look like tights can you post a link?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 4:10 pm
suremom wrote:
Sometimes shoes do that. When putting in feet it pulls on tights making it tight. Can she wear those little socks (not sure how they are called) that covers toes and heels?

I wonder. My other kid also gets holes a lot but not half as much as this one.

I highly doubt its the shoes. It happens with shabbos and voucher shoes. Over the years she's has different types of shoes, including loose fitting crocs for all of the summer. Same issue.

Those little socks we tried it a long time ago. It was very uncomfortable. Still have it around if anyone wants to try. Lol.

Thinking about it now, can it be it's her walk because my dh has similar but with his heal. He wears them out. He found a company that is extra strong and he keeps his socks pretty long actually.

Socks and leggings won't fly with her school. Not even attempting it.

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 4:27 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
[b]

Do they look like leggings or just like tights? If they look like tights can you post a link?

Looks like tights since the boot covers the ankle part (where the legging and sock meet).

Google Amazon Basics leggings. Make sure you get full length. (I use capris for exercise but those obviously don’t look like tights.)

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 4:37 pm
Can you try and put ankle socks on top of her tights to protect them? I found I used to have the wear at the toes with trainers and ankle socks changed all that. If she's wearing the same color as the tights, and they are closed shoes/boots, it shouldn't be visible.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 4:37 pm
Memoi has leggings that are might from right material.

Also walking without shoes only in tights in the house can make the problem worse. Always wear some type of shoes.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 6:15 pm
cnc wrote:
Looks like tights since the boot covers the ankle part (where the legging and sock meet).

Google Amazon Basics leggings. Make sure you get full length. (I use capris for exercise but those obviously don’t look like tights.)

Thanks!

challahchallah

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 6:21 pm
Can you put a pair of no-show socks under the tights?

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 9:13 am
bumping this because I'm wondering if there's an easy way to fix these holes?
Tights are in perfect condition besides for that!

momof2+?

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 9:48 am
You had this happening with the thick ‘sock tights’?
Sock material, but tights. I buy memoi brand and they last months.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 9:52 am
I sometimes sew them up with my sewing machine.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 10:04 am
People use tights somewhat oddly on imamother as often they use the term for what are what most people call pantihose.

Real "tights" are somewhat like leggings materials and are worn by dancers. "Leggings" evolved from the footless tights that dancers and gymnasts wore.

Tights from a company like Danskin are quite sturdy. I was extremely hard on clothing but as a teenager the Danskin tights would last forever. But these really only look good in black although little girls can look cute in the white or pink versions.

There are pantyhose that are thicker and made of microfiber but also look nerdy in anything other than black because they don't have the sheer quality of pantyhose.

For me toes poking out of pantyhose isn't really an issue because pantyhose itself is more fragile and so runs on the legs of pantyhose are probably going to happen before the toes poke out. Pantyhose can run the first time they are being put on if one isn't careful with one's fingers.

North Star

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 11:00 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
People use tights somewhat oddly on imamother as often they use the term for what are what most people call pantihose.

Real "tights" are somewhat like leggings materials and are worn by dancers. "Leggings" evolved from the footless tights that dancers and gymnasts wore.

Tights from a company like Danskin are quite sturdy. I was extremely hard on clothing but as a teenager the Danskin tights would last forever. But these really only look good in black although little girls can look cute in the white or pink versions.

There are pantyhose that are thicker and made of microfiber but also look nerdy in anything other than black because they don't have the sheer quality of pantyhose.

For me toes poking out of pantyhose isn't really an issue because pantyhose itself is more fragile and so runs on the legs of pantyhose are probably going to happen before the toes poke out. Pantyhose can run the first time they are being put on if one isn't careful with one's fingers.

What? No this isn’t a Jewish thing. No one is using the wrong word. Maybe it’s different where you live? Google “tights” and see what comes up.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 11:04 am
North Star wrote:
What? No this isn’t a Jewish thing. No one is using the wrong word. Maybe it’s different where you live? Google “tights” and see what comes up.

I just googled and this was the definition which is how I use the terms. Pantyhose replaced stockings which were originally nylon and sheer as nylon replaced silk stockings which were sheer and more elegant than knitted cotton stockings.

I have always differentiated between these in terms of usage as have all the women I know as no one refers to sheer pantyhose as "tights". Perhaps it's a European usage which is why from communities seem to use it interchangeably

Pantyhose and tights as garments are used in the U.S. The word “pantyhose” refers to the sheer, undergarment legwear, while the word “tights” refers to opaque and thicker legwear. In England and some European countries, tights are a general garment term for any legwear regardless of thickness or thinness.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children