Home

Best Cheese alternative

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Women's Health -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 10:12 am
What's the best non dairy cheese alternative? Something that wont make me gag.

mha3484

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 10:20 am
Non dairy cheese is not exactly healthy.

I like the follow your heart parmesan cheese

Trader joes makes two that are pretty decent a feta and boursin cheese.

Miyokos makes pretty good stuff but a lot of it is DE if thats an issue for you.

ThankYou!1

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 10:23 am
Thanks!
Just need to limit my dairy intake for health reasons, so DE shouldn't be a prob

mha3484

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 10:25 am
A lot of the miykos "cheese" is nut based which makes it taste better and has more nutrition.

tichellady

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 11:29 am
Only non dairy cheeses I like are the cashew based ones but they don’t really taste like cheese. I can’t stand the other ones but I think If you go off dairy then after a while you forget what cheese tastes like and then they can be tastey.

flmommy

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 11:53 am
Nutritional yeast has a cheesy flavor and is pareve

amother

Catmint

Post Fri, Dec 03 2021, 1:38 pm
Miyokos and forager but honestly I can’t stomach any of it.

Goat and sheep cheese is supposed to be slightly better for you. I’ve made my own cheese sauces and cheesecakes with cashews which wasn’t too bad

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 12:40 pm
Gaia brand makes a "cheddar" version that is surprisingly good. I had my first "cheeseburger" in over 20 years! I honestly couldn't tell the difference, and I'm a cheese snob.

The "mozzarella" version is somewhat dry, so I'd save that for cooking in a lasagna or something. It's not great on it's own.

Other dairy substitutes I like are Tofutti and SoyDelicious. Their sour cream and cream cheese are pretty good, especially if they are mixed into a recipe and not just eaten on their own. Tofutti chocolate ice cream is delicious, and doesn't have that weird chemical taste that other parve ice creams have.

andrea levy

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 11:56 pm
Cheese alternatives are junk food. If you find one you like, and you’re doing this for health, keep that in mind.

amother

Holly

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:35 am
I do homemade cashew based ones

Ellie7

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:18 am
It depends what you want. If you want to eat a slice of cheese, I don’t think you’re going to be satisfied. If you want to melt it on a burger or make nacho sauce, you’ll do ok. (I use Daiya for both of those.)

amother

OP

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:37 pm
Ellie7 wrote:
It depends what you want. If you want to eat a slice of cheese, I don’t think you’re going to be satisfied. If you want to melt it on a burger or make nacho sauce, you’ll do ok. (I use Daiya for both of those.)

The cheese I wanna use for pizza/paninis etc...
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Women's Health -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise