Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How do I set the timer for oven to turn off Friday night?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 12:46 pm
I called ge a second time and the lady said you can't set shabbos mode for it to turn off after a certain amount of time automatically without beeping. So what's the point of shabbos mode? If you have a GE oven/range that you are able to program to go on for a certain amount of time and maybe even delay start and shut off after an hour or however much you want, which brand and model do you have?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 4:14 pm
Don't use shabbos mode. It will just turn off by itself after 12 hours.

Basya

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 4:41 pm
Here's how I set my GE oven to turn off when my husband is expected home from shul. I don't know the model offhand. I took out the bulb when I got it a few years ago.
Press bake and broil together and hold down until the screen says SF. Then press the clock button 2 or 3 times till the screen says SAB. Press Start. Then press bake which means 350F - if you want it lower or higher use the up and down buttons (25 degree increments) - I always set for 250F so I press down 4 times. Then press Start. You will see one C on the screen. After a few minutes you will see two Cs (one backwards) on the screen which means the oven turned on. Then press Cook Time - and the screen will show 0:00. Use the up and down buttons to set how long until the oven turns off. Note that you can't hold down the up and down buttons for this feature - you have to keep pressing for each minute. When the desired hours/minutes till turnoff are set, press start, and the screen will revert back to the two Cs. The oven should turn off when that time elapsed. You will know when the oven turns off because the screen will show one C (instead of 2) but it won't beep. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

amother
Brickred

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 4:50 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I have a GE Oven.
I set cook time first . Example 4 hours . Cook time, 4 hrs , Start
Then set on Shabbos Mode ,(you need to click two buttons together don’t know off hand which two, follow the manual) once you see the Shabbos mode symbol ], then click on Bake and the temperature (I do 200) start and wait until the second symbol shows up [ before opening the oven door to put stuff in. It will shut off after 4 hours if that is the cook time you set it to.

this is what I do for my GE oven. works perfectly. Town appliance in Lakewood might be able to help you if this doesn't work.

the two buttons you press together after you've done cook time, 2hrs, start are 'bake' and 'broil' (the above poster couldn't remember which ones to press.

thunderstorm

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 5:04 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
You need to keep pressing DELAY START until it gets to Shabbat mode.

Sorry, gotta run. I can see if I can help more motzei shabbat,

This!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 5:13 pm
I tried all that but you can't use cook time with sabbath mode for the model that I have. I tried myself and I tried with the GE representative on the phone. Next time I know to ask which model you can do it.

amother
Steel

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 5:36 pm
Call town appliance in Lakewood. They should be familiar with your model and it's capabilities.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen