Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Do I accept this invite ?
Previous  1  2

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 8:45 am
I have a toddler and I would never go out with him if there wasn't an eruv. We went away for shabbos and I though I would take the kids on a walk in the morning. We got about a minute away from the house and he threw a tantrum. It took me nearly 20 minutes to get him home again. And never again-the stress was terrible. Toddlers are capricious beings filled with stubborn minds and it's just not worth it.
It sounds op like the people inviting you have forgotten what it's like to have little kids. Can you just rinse and repeat we're happy to come on yom tov but we can't do shabbos at the moment?

Odelyah

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:46 am
I think it's a little odd that they are being so pushy and insistent and not taking no for an answer. Even with a far less objectively "valid" reason like you have, that lack of respect for boundaries and social cues would make me really uncomfortable. Are they relatives or very close friends that are like family, OP?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics