Home

High fever with stomach bug?

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 9:59 pm
My daughter vomited last night and diarrhea today with fever too. pediatrician said must be stomach bug going around.

Temp jumped up to 104 and now I'm really concerned... according to google viral gastro bugs usually cause low grade fever.

amother

Garnet

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:36 pm
Curious if you are in lakewood. Husband is in bathroom entire day in agony lower stomach and back pain and fever

amother

OP

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:41 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
Curious if you are in lakewood. Husband is in bathroom entire day in agony lower stomach and back pain and fever

Not in lkwd

amother

Zinnia

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:47 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:

This should definitely be checked out ASAP to rule out appendicitis. I would be much more concerned in an adult with these symptoms than a child.

amother

Catmint

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 10:56 pm
How long has she had fever for? High fever with vomiting should be definitely be checked out. One possible cause among many other can me MIS-C.

amother

Diamond

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 11:32 pm
Could also be strep

amother

Oldlace

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 1:06 am
We don't have high fever but 3 of my kids threw up last night and today with low fever. 2 of them also have pink eye. And all of our stomachs are a mess... There must be some bug circulating.

amother

Plum

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 4:02 am
Sounds like adenovirus. Going around now.

amother

Aconite

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:16 am
Not being paranoid here, but that's how COVID appeared in my daughter (husband and I had classic symptoms)

amother

Lightgray

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:27 am
4 of my kids are experiencing some of these symptoms.....one since Wed......not fun

amother

Mauve

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:32 am
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
We don't have high fever but 3 of my kids threw up last night and today with low fever. 2 of them also have pink eye. And all of our stomachs are a mess... There must be some bug circulating.

Similar here. Son tested positive for rhinovirus. Lucky you that your kids are sick simultaneously. I had one sick for two days, then all good for two days, then another sick for 2-3 days, and now my next one is sick 🤕

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 1:28 pm
Salmonella is a foodborne bacterium, not virus, that causes fever, nausea, vomiting and abdominal cramps. Fever can spike very high and dehydration is a danger. Make sure to replenish fluids. Gatorade or Pedialyte are both good but so are water , tea, popsicles, jello, juice, ginger ale, chicken broth and anything the patient will accept.

amother

Amethyst

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 1:40 pm
My toddler has had diarrhea for the past two days and 104 fever since yesterday. No vomiting but I did hear there’s a stomach virus going around so I’m assuming that’s what he has. I’m in monsey
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h