Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift ideas for Obgyn that saved your baby
Previous  1  2

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 5:40 am
I gave my doctor the Birkas Harofe in English as she wasn't Jewish when she saved my life. With a letter.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 5:49 am
Sesame wrote:
No idea why the organization is controversial and I don’t see a “hijack”. I think it’s a very appropriate suggestion to ops question. If she thinks it’s not the right fit then that’s okay too, it’s just a suggestion.

Op, I gave my dr chocolate covered nuts in a dish. Dr was not happy about the contents and told me off #lessonlearned

With all due respect, if you are not aware of the controversies surrounding Efrat, then how can you say that it’s a very appropriate suggestion to OP’s question. Without derailing the thread any further, I’ll just say that the org has been called out for interpreting rabbinical law as Catholic law, and the message that they’re advocating can be very triggering for many imas.

Sesame

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:02 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
With all due respect, if you are not aware of the controversies surrounding Efrat, then how can you say that it’s a very appropriate suggestion to OP’s question. Without derailing the thread any further, I’ll just say that the org has been called out for interpreting rabbinical law as Catholic law, and the message that they’re advocating can be very triggering for many imas.

I do not know details of this sand never heard this before. The organization is held of highly by my rabbis and my community but I have no personal experience.
My understanding was that it was a suggestion by the other poster and nothing more.

SG18

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:12 am
SleepingBeauty wrote:
Based off the poster that said to give a donation in her honor. Efrat is an organization in Israel that saves babies from abortion. You can sponsor to save a baby and they then send a certificate idea and you can write whatever you want on it. Pm if you need any other details or help contacting them.
And Mazel Tov on your baby and may you continue seeing miracles in your life!

Thank you for sharing this! Not OP, but in Jerusalem and would love to donate my time/ma'aser as I can to great causes. This looks like a really special organization. Heart

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:31 pm
I would not do food. I think a meaningful piece of art would be nice.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:52 pm
Case of nice wine and a note

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 7:09 pm
flatbush wrote:
Female Jewish frum

Is it Dr. Jacob?

mirror

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 7:47 pm
A new house like this one

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 7:55 pm
A beautiful thank you note and picture of your baby.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:47 am
My high risk doctor would proudly show off his office full of trinkets with baby pictures on it, from wall clock to desk plaques, to pens and notebook paper, to mugs, he had every photo gift out there but I know he appreciated them because he showed it to us as new patients to give us chizzuk.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics