Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
If I am Israeli citizen can I go to Israel not vaccinated
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:22 am
Please don't come in unvaccinated. As someone who has a lot of unvaccinated family in chu"l, please vaccinate before coming in. Protect your family and friends, as well as yourselves, by not starting up with strains from other countries. Whether you're a citizen or not, I don't think anyone should be traveling globally unvaccinated.

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:33 am
LovesHashem wrote:
I think advocating for breaking the law is against site rules.

I always hope someone from Shabak trolls the internet for these kinds of posts.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 7:46 am
amother [ Oxfordblue ] wrote:
Please don't come in unvaccinated. As someone who has a lot of unvaccinated family in chu"l, please vaccinate before coming in. Protect your family and friends, as well as yourselves, by not starting up with strains from other countries. Whether you're a citizen or not, I don't think anyone should be traveling globally unvaccinated.

This was not my question but ty for your advice

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 8:11 am

Since many vaccinated people are getting and spreading the omicron variant, there is no scientific basis for this at all. A negative covid test is probably the best protection. But please, go ahead and advocate for segregation and even more restrictions, because that really seems to be effective.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:37 am
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
Since many vaccinated people are getting and spreading the omicron variant, there is no scientific basis for this at all. A negative covid test is probably the best protection. But please, go ahead and advocate for segregation and even more restrictions, because that really seems to be effective.

Right, because saying that being vaccinated is safer is segregation. So sorry to offend.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:41 am
Right, because saying that being vaccinated is safer is segregation. So sorry to offend.

Being vaccinated is not safer. Stop believing lies. Vaccinated have the omricon variant.

Genius

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:49 am
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
I always hope someone from Shabak trolls the internet for these kinds of posts.

Lol. Because this post will tell them that people don’t follow the rules (shocking to someone from shaback, I’m sure!) and they’ll do what about it?
I don’t condone rule breakers, but come on.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:55 am
Of course you can come. And you are no different than me, my husband and many of my SIL's, coworkers and neighbors that opted out of the third vaccine and are now considered unvaxxed. Don't let Imamother Israeli's get to you, they are not in any way a representation of the Israeli masses.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:57 am
The shabak are busy with bigger things. Chill.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:09 am
DrMom wrote:
Yes, currently, the quarantine for vaccinated people coming in to Israel is only 3 days (pending 2 negative PCR tests).

(Not that this is relevant to he OP's question.)

What about vaccinated x 2 but no booster -- a three-day Bidud or a full-length one? (For an Israeli who resides in the USA). Thanks

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:17 am
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
What about vaccinated x 2 but no booster -- a three-day Bidud or a full-length one? (For an Israeli who resides in the USA). Thanks

I believe if the 2nd or 3rd vaccination shot (or recovery) was completed within the last 6 months before arrival, you are eligible for the shorter quarantine.

If not, then the longer quarantine period applies.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:18 am
I would not count on the rules being the same as they are today come Pesach time. In fact, my bet is that they will be different, whether more lenient or more strict? Impossible to know. I’d say your best bet is to buy a ticket with maximum flexibility and good travel issuance and just hope for the best.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:20 am
Elfrida wrote:
Anyone who is fully vaccinated has to take one negative test on entering the country, then observe three days of bidud before taking a second test. After they get the results of the second test, they are free to go where they want (assuming it was negative).

Fully vaccinated means recovered and having had at least one dose at any time, two doses within the past six months or three doses, currently with no time limit.

Anyone who is unvaccinated has to observe a full weeks bidud, with one negative test on entering the country, and one on the seventh day. Assuming both are negative they are free to go anywhere that does not require a green pass.

For anything that does require a green pass they would have to do further negative tests as necessary, at their own expense. A temporary green pass based on a negative test is valid for 72 hours.

All Israeli citizens are required to wear masks when entering a public enclosed space, regardless of vaccine status.

Elfrida, just noticed your post. Thanks for the clear explanation. Navigating this can feel overwhelming and baffling; especially with the rules frequently changing. I got my second vaccine May 1st. so I am technically out of the six-month range. However, I still have antibodies (I recently tested), and I am reluctant to receive the booster, due to neurological symptoms I experienced after the second dose that took a long time to clear up. My husband too developed symptoms that only subsided after long weeks. Would the rules that apply to someone who is not vaccinated altogether be the same as someone who has been vaccinated twice? Thanks for your help.

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:22 am

Generally, rules apply whether you agree with them or not. Please don't advocate that people come here and break our laws.

If you are not prepared to respect the laws of the country to which you are travelling, pls stay home. Don't lie on your documentation and put others at risk and encourage tightening of restrictions that will make it harder for actual respectful visitors to come here.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:25 am
As far as I know, if the second dose was more than six months ago you would have to observe the longer period of bidud.

Israel has recently started recommending that people who had a severe reaction to the first and second doses of Pfiezer get the AstraZeneca for their third dose, since it seems to have less side effects. You may want to look into that option.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:27 am
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
Not sure why I'm the first to say it but many ppl I know that have been coming in now do NOT actually quarrentine, after your first PCR test in the airport if u are neg ur fine! just give a diff adress

While we are at it, many people also swipe a few extra items into their bag at the supermarket without paying. It's a great way to save money.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:41 am
DrMom wrote:
Generally, rules apply whether you agree with them or not. Please don't advocate that people come here and break our laws.

If you are not prepared to respect the laws of the country to which you are travelling, pls stay home. Don't lie on your documentation and put others at risk and encourage tightening of restrictions that will make it harder for actual respectful visitors to come here.

I did not say anywhere in my post to lie or break laws. All I said is the law doesn't make so much sense since the vaccinated are also spreading the omricon variant. But I guess the truth about how covid spreads is also considered a lie when it doesn't fit the narrative.

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:50 am
I did not say anywhere in my post to lie or break laws. All I said is the law doesn't make so much sense since the vaccinated are also spreading the omricon variant. But I guess the truth about how covid spreads is also considered a lie when it doesn't fit the narrative.

Thank you for being clear that you are not encouraging law-breaking.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 11:11 am

The omicron variant is not the only variant there is.
I assume laws will change as scientific knowledge of new variants increases. However, this is not something a random tourist can take into their own hands.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 11:42 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Of course you can come. And you are no different than me, my husband and many of my SIL's, coworkers and neighbors that opted out of the third vaccine and are now considered unvaxxed. Don't let Imamother Israeli's get to you, they are not in any way a representation of the Israeli masses.

Lol are we not members of the Israeli masses? I personally "only" have 2 vaccinations (although the second was within the past 6 months).
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics