Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Parsha book, time sensitive!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:52 am
The Weekly Parsha (Artscroll) vs The Little Midrash says

I already have the Little Midrash says and am thinking of getting The Weekly Parsha by Artscroll since it is 40% off today. Is it basically the same thing? Which one do you like better? What are the differences between the 2 series?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 11:25 am
We LOVE the Weekly Parsha and have all of them. We have LMS for two sefarim of Chumash and also sefer Yehoshya.

Pictures are huge and beautiful and in color in TWP, and the paper is glossy. It's much more visually appealing. Also, has less of a study guide feel.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:43 pm
How about the content? Is it basically the same midrashim and information, just nicer pages and pictures in the Weekly Parsha? I don't want to spend the $ if it is just that, since I already own TLMS. While that is a nice plus, the most important part is really the content. I use it to read to my kids either after licht bentchen, or a bedtime story Friday night in the winter/ shortly before Shabbos ends in the summer.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 1:11 pm
They're not at all the same. Both wonderful but I'm very excited by the ArtScroll series. Does the ArtScroll site offer a peek inside, a few sample pages to get an idea?

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 1:31 pm
I’m trying to post a picture but it’s not working. They’re very different and it’s worth having both IMO.
Obvispily they both summarize the parsha but very different approaches

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 1:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How about the content? Is it basically the same midrashim and information, just nicer pages and pictures in the Weekly Parsha?

They both retell the parsha with midrashim. I haven't compared side by side to see if one has more content or less.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics