Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Low carb

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:26 am
is quinoa low carb?

I bread schnitzle in cooked quinoa.

is it lower carb and healthier nutritionally than corn flake crumbs, bread crumbs, matzah meal?

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:30 am
Quinoa is not low carb.
But it can be healthier then corn flake crumbs, bread crumbs and matzah meal, do you want to have a really low carb shnitzel you should bread it with nuts and bake it in the oven and not in a frying pan.

The key of cutting down carbs is to eat bread replacement, and cut down on potatoes. I have a dietician for weightloss I seem to be really sensitive to carbs. The thing with carbs, is that your body converts it to fat when you eat to much of it, at the other side too much fat which is in like Keto diets will give you fat around your veins.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:35 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Quinoa is not low carb.
But it can be healthier then corn flake crumbs, bread crumbs and matzah meal, do you want to have a really low carb shnitzel you should bread it with nuts and bake it in the oven and not in a frying pan.

The key of cutting down carbs is to eat bread replacement, and cut down on potatoes. I have a dietician for weightloss I seem to be really sensitive to carbs. The thing with carbs, is that your body converts it to fat when you eat to much of it, at the other side too much fat which is in like Keto diets will give you fat around your veins.

so how do people lose weight on keto diet?
nuts are also high in fat so how do u lose weight?

whats the difference how you put on weight - through carbs or fat?

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm not a dietician, so I don't know the chemistry of the body regarding food consumption. I only know what she told me and in the Netherlands, a dietician has studied at the university of applied sciences, I see in the angelic world there is a nuterican and a dietician...

People lose weight on the keto diet because as far as I know, they don't get carbs, and therefore the body doesn't convert the most amount of carbs into fat. Carbs are for quick energy, if you eat a plate of pasta with pasta sauce and meatballs with ketchup etc you are more likely to be hungry in an hour when you eat courgette spaghetti with self-made meatballs without breadcrumbs and tomato puree instead of pasta sauce who has lots of sugar (=carbs) in it. Carbs are easy to digest it's out of your digestive system quicker than nuts.

It doesn't mean you need to eat one whole back of nuts, that is not ok because of the high amount of fat.

also every body is different my husband get eat kilo's of pasta and not gain one gram while I gained already a pound for eating latkes and sufganiyot (and I ate this week a few not much!!) even though I'm exercising 3 times a week and take my bike every where I go. This is what I've learned from my dietician and GP. I told my GP that my husband eats everything he wants in carbs, he is jealous he told me he gets overweight already when he looks at a pizza, and now by lots of sport and cutting carbs he managed to maintain a healthy weight. I have the same.

Speak to a dietician. She or he will explain everything regarding how your body does chemical miracles wtih food and how to look at labels.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 4:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

https://www.healthline.com/nut.....-week

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 4:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

is it lower carb than wheat?

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
is it lower carb than wheat?

yep
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics