Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Mishpacha - sholam bayis

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:31 am
anyone has the link/article of reb b shaffier that got correspondense about respecting the husband
and not meant to be friends.

want to reread article cos trying to understand correspondense

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 7:18 am
https://mishpacha.com/his-snor.....leep/

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 7:24 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
https://mishpacha.com/his-snoring-is-ruining-my-sleep/

that was last weeks article.

last week and the week before people responded to a article written 3 weeks ago I think

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 7:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
anyone has the link/article of reb b shaffier that got correspondense about respecting the husband
and not meant to be friends.

want to reread article cos trying to understand correspondense

Actually in the article he says they ARE meant to be friends and that one needs to respect a SPOUSE not just a husband.
A woman asked the question but in his answer he’s clear that It goes both ways for both husband and wife.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 7:37 am
right he said being friends that much I recall but don't have whole article. writers wrote back refuting it quoting something in rambam. trying to put the 2 together

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 7:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
right he said being friends that much I recall but don't have whole article. writers wrote back refuting it quoting something in rambam. trying to put the 2 together

We don’t pasken from a Rambam text, the Rabbanim pasken ACCORDING to the Torah including the Rambam. They take in everything and issue a psak and the Rabbanim say one must take care of a wife and make sure she’s feeling respected.
A man can’t take out a Rambam and tell his wife what she needs to do based on that.

Similarly, women officially don’t inherit.
But today the Rabbanim pasken that they do and teach how to create a halachic will.

Somehow men who know about the Rambam also know how to make sure that their wife inherits from their shver.
And they’re right, but it applies to everything, not just yerushas.
We pasken according to the rulings of Rabbanim of our times.
To fulfill the commandment of emunas chachomim one can only fulfill it through a Chacham Chai Shebador - a live Chacham in one’s generation.
The Torah is timeless, and the Rabbonim in each generation are tasked to pasken how to follow the Torah properly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room