Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Long chanuka dealing with DD7 anxiety

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:46 am
We were by my parents one night last week and my in-laws 2 nights - ms and Sunday night.
Additionally we had friends for Shabbos this week.

Each time DD was sleeping in a new place. Even in my house she wanted to sleep with her friend so I put them in a different room.

Bedtime was an absolute nightmare. She usually goes to sleep at 7:30 and she was up till after midnight most nights. She complains she’s scared, comes out 100 times and eventually when she wears me down enough I let her sleep on my room.

I feel like never going away or having guests again. It’s been a super stressful week.

Looking for advice, she is an anxious kid by nature and I’ve spoke to the school social worker in the past but this is just new levels crazy. Seems to be getting so much worse!

Should add she never sleeps alone at home she sleeps with a sibling and when we go away she sleeps with a sibling and sometimes a cousin or aunt ..

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:26 pm
DD was just like this. She slept in my bed until she was 12. Otherwise she'd bang her head on the wall and cry so hard she would throw up. It definitely wasn't drama, she was genuinely having panic attacks.

I went to parenting classes on "how to deal with your child's anxiety", and that helped a lot with her OCD behaviors, and with anxiety during the day. At night time though, it was still really hard.

Melatonin helped somewhat, but she really just had to grow out of it. There was no way I could find to speed up the process.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:24 pm
Strep/pans/pandas

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 6:50 pm
It might help you, OP, if you just assume that when you go away she will sleep in your bed to begin with. Zehu.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 6:53 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
Really? She was up until midnight every night with a usual bedtime of 7:30.

It might help you, OP, if you just assume that when you go away she will sleep in your bed to begin with. Zehu.
Yeah really. She has trouble falling asleep, she is afraid to sleep by herself, she acts out at bedtime, she is generally anxious, and she is currently more anxious than she was. Lots of red flags right there.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 7:04 pm
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
Yeah really. She has trouble falling asleep, she is afraid to sleep by herself, she acts out at bedtime, she is generally anxious, and she is currently more anxious than she was. Lots of red flags right there.

I edited my post because I misunderstood, I thought the child was kept up after midnight for Chanukah parties and the like, then I realized she just wasn’t able to fall asleep until that late.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics